Beginners and Beyond

Runner problems: Packing for vacation (Read 102 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The word that caught my attention is running underwear.  I've never wore any of that.

I usually don't run on vacation but I might bring one outfit to run if I am on vacation and run maybe once or twice.  But even the shoes and 1-2 pairs of tops and one short takes too much space especially when you travel light.  I feel you.

Every time I have a destination marathon I start leaving normal stuff out to accommodate my running stuff.

The underwear I wear for life is not running friendly. Usually cotton (and then I chafe) or lacy stuff (chafe). I have tech fabric undies that I wear for running.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I envision one seriously stressed out vacation.

Nah. Packing is the worst part. I always have packing meltdowns because I am a person with a lot of "stuff" and a serious fear of not bringing enough of it. But once I actually leave and am away I don't generally worry about a lot. I can relax quite easily as soon as everything that needs to "get done" becomes "done."

.....but the potential for "family drama" does absolutely exist. My family loves drama!

Forgive my whining.....I am packed now and *it is ok* lol..... you would think with the fact that I go out of town to visit my boyfriend almost every other weekend, and have been on many trips, and have moved many times I would get better at the packing thing.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

I don't wear anything while running, as all of my clothes have briefs or underwear attached to it.  That is why the concept is strange to me, ha.

The underwear I wear for life is not running friendly. Usually cotton (and then I chafe) or lacy stuff (chafe). I have tech fabric undies that I wear for running.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

I don't wear anything while running, 

Pics or it didn't happen.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

Pics or it didn't happen.

I fell for that one, didn't I....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

I fell for that one, didn't I....

Big grin

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

hmmm... lets see, all my 'extras' for running when I travel.

Shoes, hat, shorts, socks, Road ID, Spibelt.

Everything but the hat can be shoved in the shoes...

Yup, you have too much stuff... (understood being of the female persuasion, there are a couple of extras needed - top and bra and that might not fit in the shoes...but close)

RSX

For our Vancouver/Seattle trip my wife looked up the airline regulations for bag charges. (both airlines) We checked the dimensions and weights. Once I knew the weight limits packing was easy and I threw in extra stuff. I wore my walking shoes  in the airport.