Beginners and Beyond

Trudging Through Thurday Penguins (Read 21 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey everyone.  Hopefully I will get in a few miles tonight.  Not much sleep last night and I just couldn't drag my carcass out of bed this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

In the process of packing up everything in our office for the move over to the main campus of the university.  It will be nice to be back on the campus and once again 'feel' the university atmosphere all around us.  Also a relief too, because where we are right now, there is a ton of ongoing traffic roads construction all around this place...commuting out of here at rush hour is a freakin' nightmare!   After I get out of the office today, I will be off for the next 4 days until our new office opens.  Plan on doing a very easy 3 miles of trails in the park near my house after I get home from work today.  "Cold front' for us next week - temps dropping all the way into the low 80s.  Yay!

Sorry about the run, PAD.  Stupid Texas weather is getting weird lately...back-and-forth....cooler one day, back to heat and humidity the next....Mother Nature apparently hates Texas for some reason...

Happy and safe trip, Traci!  Take lots of photos to share with us when you get back.

Z, you are way too hard on yourself.   Considering what you were dealing with, you did pretty darn good, IMHO.

Congrats on making it out for your walk, HsM.   Celebrate it...have a donut...

Hope your easy miles go well for you, Jack.  Enjoy the no-taxi service while it lasts.

Enjoy the rest time up to your race, sapf.   I don't know anything about McMillian, but I am betting you will have no problem with the other two goals.

After pilates, Damaris, the massage should feel very nice, hopefully.  Enjoy!

Happy hiking, Ginny!  What's the "AT"?

Sorry about the hamstring, Brilliant.   Glad you were able to get in 4 miles.  Good luck with the upcoming half!

Enjoy the gym, Jerry.    Wow, some challenge! Ah to be young again and have all that energy! 

Sorry about the lack of sleep, Robert.   Don't end up sleep-running and whack into a tree or something! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Unscheduled rest day - delayed achiness from racing maybe? Nothing I do this week can improve my fitness before my race on Monday so I'm just going to be smart until then. I would like to get in a little bit of faster running but maybe just strides if I'm still not back up to 100% by tomorrow.

Race pics from my 5K are up! I look about as miserable as I felt, haha Smile I'm #63 if the link just brings you to the page with all the thumbnails.

tracilynn

That's a great picture. You look super pretty and strong!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Robert31320

Team TJ

Enjoy the Smokies Traci. See you soon.

hog4life, we have mail.  Speechless!

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

Oy, when I turned 40, it was like I fell off a cliff!!  I was fine, I turned 40, and BAM, everything started to hurt! 

Wait till you hit 50, LOL!

6.25 miles for me this morning. Bella made it to 1.8, then she gave up, a little too warm for I guess. So, I took her back home and finish by myself.

GinnyinPA

Sorry Jack, but I don't accept the age thing as a restriction.  I know too many people who are as strong and active at 60+ as most 40 year olds.  DH walked from Canada to Mexico on the Continental Divide at age 60, then Mexico to Canada at 61 on the Pacific Crest, and Mexico to Canada on the CDT again at 67. And he's not even that strong a hiker, thanks to really bad knees (one of which was replaced when he was 68).  We have known successful long distance hikers in their 70's and 80's.  Getting older may mean being slower to heal, but it doesn't mean your glory days are over.

Scott - AT is Appalachian Trail, a footpath that runs from Georgia to Maine for about 2100 miles.  We live within an hour of the trail.