Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Now Playing At A Theater Near You (Read 56 times)

runmomto3boys

Phil: Awwww, man - that sounds like a really rough go at PT today.  I'm sorry.

Paula: Enjoy the weather and the 5-6 miles!

Basya: Nice work on the ab work!

Alexis: I hope you feel better soon, sweetie!

SIAR: You needed the rest day, clearly!  I bet you are 100% tomorrow!!!

Core and yoga done.

@runjerseygirl

7.22 recovery miles at lunch, a full 1:30m/m slower than my easy pace. Hopefully tomorrow the legs will show me their appreciation for the slow run.

Kay...nice work beating that t-mill.

Thank you!  I can't tell you how worried I was about this run.  Such a relief!

Do you even run?

How in the heck did you miss all of this crap, you must be west of it.  My weekend is totally up in the air as of right now running wise.

Usually I'm the one moaning about the inclement weather - it's nice to be on the other end for once.   Really, though, it sucks and I can relate.

We are to the west of it all.  We have our own mini climate here.  The weathermen earn their keep, as there are wide swings even within the city limits.

I got 6 miles in, though my legs felt heavy and there were pockets of black ice on the running path.  I almost fell a couple of times.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Ball of Fury

Did 5 easy miles after work @ 9:38/mile.  Legs pretty dead but got it done!!  Now onto the wine drinking!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Just B.S.

I was supposed to do 10 today but I decided to take today off.

After 35 days straight of running or  swimming and sometimes both on the same day and

a night of insomia on Sunday, my body is telling me that today is a rest day.  The old girl knows

better than I do so I am listening to her.

Having said that I am swimming tomorrow morning at 7:15 and wasn't supposed to run but

I will get those 10 in tomorrow. Big grin

outoftheblue

Hi Dailies --

I miss everyone and definitely will try to post more over here.   My last "long" run before my HM went well today -- 8.25 hilly miles @ 10:28mm -- and my legs still felt fresh at the end.  Barring weird weather I'm going to try like crazy to break my 2 1/2 year old HM PR.    Since I go from this race immediately into my marathon training plan, this is going to be the last chance I get the HM for quite some time.  

April -- I'm sorry for your loss.  My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Baboon -- I'm glad your appointment went well.  You'll be back to your usual miles in no time.

Life is good.

LRB

I miss everyone and definitely will try to post more over here.   My last "long" run before my HM went well today -- 8.25 hilly miles @ 10:28mm -- and my legs still felt fresh at the end.  Barring weird weather I'm going to try like crazy to break my 2 1/2 year old HM PR.    Since I go from this race immediately into my marathon training plan, this is going to be the last chance I get the HM for quite some time.  

Hey Blue, no worries, we're always here.  Good luck on your race!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Caught a lull in the precipitation and got in 6 miles at recovery pace. Probably should have stopped at 4 because I was slowing down over the last 2 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thank you!  I can't tell you how worried I was about this run.  Such a relief!

I know that feeling, and I hate being afraid of a run. I'm trying to reframe my thoughts to interpret fear as excitement.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Nevrgivup

4 miles recovery done on the TM. Its funny how there is a snow storm outside and I was able to run in a sports bra and capris. My body has definitely acclimated to colder temps.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Glad to be back in the good old US of A. Just finished 8.6 miles, a bit rough since I just got back from Europe this afternoon, no sleep on the plane, and my body clock tells me it is 12:30 AM. Temp of 24 degrees, feels like 10, and snow. But glad I'm not in the northeast, good luck to all you folks out there. (The guy I was traveling with was supposed to be flying back into Boston, but is currently stuck in Frankfurt.)

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Evening, Dailies!!

No run for me today, I left my options open. Inadequate sleep, 12 hours at work, and it got a bit colder outside after the rains cleared out. Anywaym, not big deal - tomorrow's going to be pretty nice so I'm taking my gym bag to work. I'll get a good run in after work.

Had a little scare yesterday evening - got home from the pool hall at a somewhat reasonable 9:45 PM. Before I went to bed, I decided to take my ID badge out of the folder that I carried to training class and put it in my briefcase so I'd have it for work tomorrow. Long story short - I spent 45 minutes looking for it and finally found it on the garage floor almost under the lawn tractor where it had apparently fallen out of my folder when I took it out of the car earlier yesterday.

Needless to say, it was a relief to find it even though I lost a good half hour of sleep.

Other news - I got my placement confirmation for the upcoming Gate River Run 15K - I'm corralled in the "under 1:24:00" section based on the running times I gave them. I think I can beat that, though I don't think I'll be able to tear it up too much.Training's been a little weak lately, but we'll see how it goes.

Cracking open a Samual Adams Winter Lager as we speak. It'll be an early night for me tonight!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

12 miles at 7:41 pace

12 miles at 7:41 pace

Nice one!

I got in a touch over 8 miles.

Dontcha hate it when the roads are plowed, then all these jackholes snowblow their driveways into the street?

Dear Snow:

Every year, you are welcome on Christmas and tolerated in January.  However, we have come to loathe you and would like nothing more than your utter annihilation as soon as possible.  Please go away.

7 "easy" miles at a blistering 9:33 pace while making sure not to break something on dark, slippery roads.  I only encountered 4 cars the entire time.