Beginners and Beyond

Here they come...the resolutioners (Read 573 times)

bobruns

Don't get me wrong.  I think that making a New Years resolution to get more exercise is a great one.  But every January it is the same thing.  There is one park by my work that is well lit at night that I go to on my way home.  It gets so crowded every January with resolutioners that you can't even move.  I had my last peaceful run there last night.  By the time I work again and want to go there it will be nuts.   Usually it only lasts about 6'ish weeks...

Rant over...Thanks for listening...

LRB

Resolutioners?  Shh, can you hear that?  It’s the calm before the storm.  But soon, it will be a chaotic nightmare as millions of Americans stampede into gyms looking to shed ten years of weight gain in six weeks!

For gym regulars, the next couple of weeks are a shock to the system.  The locker rooms and showers will be jammed packed.  Most, if not all of your favorite machines will be taken up with new members who are “doing it wrong”.  Even the spot near the tree where you like to park will be unavailable!

Don't fret though, by February 1 most of them will be gone, see ya!  And the ones who remain are likely in it for the long haul.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

The resolutioners are the worst.  I lift mostly at home nowadays so I will only need to deal with them on my cross-training day.  But back when I needed the gym more, I dreaded January.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Don't bash on the resolutioners too hard.  They come to your gym and get a 12 month membership, which for over half of them don't use past mid February.  They are subsidizing your fees.  Without them your gym membership price will go up.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Just go to the gym at 5am....chances are good that the short-timers aren't going to be up and at it that early. Anyway, I bet a bunch of people on this forum started off as resolutioners and then actually stuck with it.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Hit it and quit it.

You people have issues 

xor

Speaking of packed locker rooms, it is that time of the year to encounter the dude that uses the blow dryer.

And I don't mean for his luscious head of hair.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I did not start running as a New Year resolution, so I'll just stick with it!

Running for TJ because he can't.

xor

Don't bash on the resolutioners too hard.  They come to your gym and get a 12 month membership, which for over half of them don't use past mid February.  They are subsidizing your fees.  Without them your gym membership price will go up.

V is absolutely right.  Sad but true.

Just B.S.

Just go to the gym at 5am....chances are good that the short-timers aren't going to be up and at it that early. Anyway, I bet a bunch of people on this forum started off as resolutioners and then actually stuck with it.

January 1, 2000 I decided to lose those 35+ pounds, get fit and start running. Haven't stopped since.

My resolution was to be a year round outdoor runner (in Canada) and never join a gym. Mission accomplished.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Speaking of packed locker rooms, it is that time of the year to encounter the dude that uses the blow dryer.

And I don't mean for his luscious head of hair.

EWWIE!!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Just B.S.

EWWIE!!

Snort!! Hubby has been playing gentlemens hockey for 15 years. Some of the things guys will do in the locker room

are just freaking weird.

Before Christmas their team captain brought in pizza for after the game. He said some of the guys showered and

then ate pizza naked in the stinky locker room.

First, why not put your clothes on to eat.

Second, have you ever smelled a mens hockey locker room.......gag (and before you ask I have sons that's why I

was in a men's locker room)

xor

Does "gentlemens" hockey signify something?

Although I could turn it into a "gentlemen's club" joke, it is a serious question.  I know very little about hockey, except that I sort of understand icing.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Eew, that sounds like a more perverted form of pocket pool...

flarunner

I used to be a personal trainer in a gym. We always called it Tourist Season.