Beginners and Beyond

Just B.S. and Mr Just B.S. run 90th race together on Mother's Day...:) (Read 57 times)

Just B.S.

Archived

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice report and a nice job, Beth and Mr. Beth!

Some day, I will do a full marathon. Not sure when, but some day!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Yep, heat sucks.  Nice way for everyone to hold it together despite that though!

You could have named that cramp it was so big, how's the leg doing now?

Just B.S.

Yep, heat sucks.  Nice way for everyone to hold it together despite that though!

You could have named that cramp it was so big, how's the leg doing now?

Fine. I had a bit of soreness in that spot for a few

days and it turned some lovely colors but as usual no post marathon soreness otherwise.

Docket_Rocket

That cramp looks painful!  Great job on the race, both of you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

First of all, how dare you say, and I quote you: "I'll post this before any real racers start posting their reports for the weekend." Beth, I know, we all know, how hard you train. You are a dedicated runner. You ARE a real racer. Heck, how many people here on the forum can say that they run their marathons a mere minutes away from their BQ? Not many. And without the heat that day, you and I both know that you probably had that BQ in your pocket. So do not ever refer to yourself as not a real racer... You are more of a racer than many runners I know.

Secondly, how wonderful to have that history with your husband. Such a long, and filled with beautiful adventures, running career for both of you. I'm sure the two of you were close before you started running, but the fact that you share this passion together now must bring you even closer together. It is a joy to see both of you in your pictures, looking so happy and in love. You make a very attractive couple, that's for sure. I wish you many years of healthy running (and cycling and swimming!) together. In 30 years from now, you will be the fittest 80 year olds Canada will have ever seen! 

Thirdly, it was a hot day, yes, but you handled it like a pro. That's more than I can say for myself. To be just a couple of minutes off of your PR, in that heat and with that cramp going on (OMG it looks awful in that picture! Never had a bruise like that), I think you are really amazingly strong, both mentally and physically. I am so proud of you.  I know exactly how much work went into this. Your tri training has turned you into a fabulous athlete. You are a real inspiration to us, women. And I don't only mean women in our age group, but younger women as well. You are not afraid of hard work and it shows.

Fourthly, and I quote again: "4:10:48, which was a 6 minute positive split but included a 3 minute trip into the woods on the second half" Say what?! You once made a trip into the woods?  There were porta-potties everywhere on that course! lol... (I know because I visited pretty much all of them ). You, New-Brunswick people, are sooo hardcore! No namby-pamby from Quebec in the woods, that's for sure. haha...

Finally, huge congrats to you and DH! It was a glorious day despite the heat. Fredericton is an amazing little city and the people of New-Brunswick are the best. You and Kevin are proof of that. Thank you for making me and SO feel welcomed while we were there.  (and sh*t I always write too much... sorry about that )

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Pinktastic

What a race, Beth!   With the arctic winter y'all had, I'm very surprised that more people didn't have serious issues with the heat that day.  You handled it like a champ though!   Way to go!   Can't wait to hear about your 1/2 Ironwoman!

Love the pics!   Well, I don't love the bruise pic, but it is just an example of what a strong woman you are!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Congrats to both you & DH, on your great races & on your runniversary! How awesome to be able to run together (even if not, you know, together).

Wow, I have never seen a cramp cause a bruise like that.

Cool you got to see Lily, too bad only in passing.

Dave

outoftheblue

Congrats to both you and Mr. Beth!  It's  great that you two have such a long-standing sport that you can do together.    And, ouch, that leg does look painful.

Life is good.

Zelanie

90th race- fantastic!  I love reading your reports and seeing what consistency over time can do.  Congratulations on the PR in tough conditions!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to you and to Mr. Beth!  90th race together, impressive!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

That is really cool. I hope my wife and I can get to that someday.  Number 100 will be extra special for you two. Smile

B-Plus

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to get to this sooner, but it was a bit long to tackle for when I was in your favourite city 

Congrats to Mrs. & Mr. BS on 90 races together. That is amazing! Those were some tough conditions that you had to handle. Your splits weren't optimal, but given what you encountered and how you described other people's results,  I think it's fantastic how close you were to your PR. Way to go Beth!