Beginners and Beyond

We're Not Gonna Take It - TUESDAILIES (Read 338 times)

EasyMiles

Howdy all-

8 easy this morning on the rail trail, then 4 more this afternoon at the gym with some ab work and legs.  

Adam

Jenven

30 minute run? Check.

Pinktastic - Hope the knee isn't anything too serious!

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

B-Plus

Wow what a busy dailies thread.

PEI had a crappy run because I ended up running in traffic and it seemed I was stopping for a light every 2 minutes and they all take so damn long. If I go back to the same place again, I think it's better to take the train there and just do as many loops as I want.

8.89 miles @ 8:19. I had only planned for about an hour, but I got lost.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi Everyone!  I'm not quite sure where I'm going to land on this forum, but it is nice to see some familiar faces again. 

I did 8.34 miles today, with one mile as a tempo mile.  I've been running with Hudson's plan for a few weeks now, and he tends to call a run where you run easily and then add a faster mile or two at the end a progression run.  I've never used the term that way, but apparently instead of a tempo mile I should say I did a progression mile.

I'm pacing a half marathon this weekend, hopefully to a 1:35.  As of right now I don't have a very good feel for that pace, but U think that by regularly checking my watch I can get the runners there in time.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

Easy Miles: Nice work on the 8 in the AM and the double today.  Busy day!!!

Jenven: Look at you, knocking out those 30 minute runs like they are nothing now.  You've come a long way in a short period of time!!!  Yay, you!  What is your goal race???  You probably mentioned it, but I forgot.  Is it a 5K in January????

SIAR: Well, well...look who showed up in the dailies!  Long time no see - and your running now, like a mad man, I see!  Must be nice to just willy nilly pace 1:35 HMs, you speed demon you!  What's your goal race now - whatchya using Hudson for?  Last I heard, you were a tri man.

B-Plus: Arrgh - those lights are frustrating.  I love the lost thing.  That happened to me a few weeks ago.  Seriously nice mileage/pace.  You are getting SO fast!

Waiting for the hubby to get home so I can run...tick, tock.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

RMTB...I know, I'm terrible at keeping up with the bigger dailies groups.  I do great on the marathoner's daily thread..I even post personal responses (but there's only about 12 of us).  Now I'm just at a loss!  Anyways...I'm doing the Toledo marathon in April before focusing exclusively on tri's.  I had been planning on starting Pfitz for the marathon right about when you were starting it, but I'm kinda liking this Hudson at the moment and may just go with it.  As for the pacing, I'd feel much better pacing the 1:40 group given that my mileage isn't great over the last 3 months (terrible actually), but they really need someone for the faster group.  It won't be an easy run, that's for sure.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Jenven

Jenven: Look at you, knocking out those 30 minute runs like they are nothing now.  You've come a long way in a short period of time!!!  Yay, you!  What is your goal race???  You probably mentioned it, but I forgot.  Is it a 5K in January????

I've been roped into the Hot Chocolate 5k in January. I'm not thrilled about it being my first 5k, would've preferred a smaller low key race, but the atmosphere might keep me pumped up. There's a Resolution Run on Jan 1st that I also have my eye on. 2 5ks in two weeks? I sound like one of you!

Luke79

I put mah PR's in mah siggie.

I actually find it helpful when people have running info about themselves in their signature, as it sort of put their statements about running into perspective.  Does that make sense?  Like you can tell that I'm an intermediate "mid-packer", and you can take that into account when/if I decide to give any running or fitness advice to people.  Length of time running is also relevant, but I didn't put that in there.

No SRL, I don't want to know how PR's in your signature will be perceived by the RA community :P

Jenven

I actually find it helpful when people have running info about themselves in their signature, as it sort of put their statements about running into perspective.  Does that make sense?

The whole reason I made this my sig is so that no one would ever ask me for advice.

Hi Dailies:

Baboon - because ya can't ya won't and ya don't stop

Kristin - hopefully the legal red tape isn't too bad

bradcorino - have fun in the snow

Luke - nice splits

Pink - hi, welcome to the new hangout.  Now, where are the Voodoo Donuts? Wink

10.9 miles tonight with 8x(2 minutes @ 5K pace) wherever I knew that there would be a nice stretch of road with no icy snow patches to navigate.  6:50 pace overall.  Saw one deer that would have been venison if I had been hunting.

runmomto3boys

SIAR: I'm so excited to hear you are doing a marathon again!  I can't wait to watch you train.  Hang around here: you have good company w/Jay and B-Plus; you guys are all flipping fast!!!

Jay: Great run!!!

I did my intervals!!!  9 miles at 8:11 average pace, including 6x800m intervals done at an average equivalent pace of 6:21 (6:25, 6:27, 6:09, 6:25, 6:30, 6:15).  I'm super happy with this since my VO2 max intervals during marathon training were in the 6:32-6:34 equivalent pace range.  Yes!!!

I will say that it SUCKS running intervals in the cold.  The temp was 19 (feels like) and windy and dark.  This was my first time not doing intervals on a track, so I used the super dark bike paths.  I had tears STREAMING down my face from the cold / wind and it's so much harder to run fast w/all the winter layers on.  I'm going to go to the 440 m indoor track next time.  I really feel like I wasn't nearly as comfortable as I was during the summer/early fall, running intervals on the outdoor track w/less on.

Anyway, regardless, I'm happy.  I think I've gotten a bit faster and that feels good!

PS - I notice that my times can be off a second b/t what Garmin Connect says v. what RA imports from GC.  I used GC's splits.

hog4life

SIAR: I'm so excited to hear you are doing a marathon again!  I can't wait to watch you train.  Hang around here: you have good company w/Jay and B-Plus; you guys are all flipping fast!!!

Jay: Great run!!!

I did my intervals!!!  9 miles at 8:11 average pace, including 6x800m intervals done at an average equivalent pace of 6:21 (6:25, 6:27, 6:09, 6:25, 6:30, 6:15).  I'm super happy with this since my VO2 max intervals during marathon training were in the 6:32-6:34 equivalent pace range.  Yes!!!

I will say that it SUCKS running intervals in the cold.  The temp was 19 (feels like) and windy and dark.  This was my first time not doing intervals on a track, so I used the super dark bike paths.  I had tears STREAMING down my face from the cold / wind and it's so much harder to run fast w/all the winter layers on.  I'm going to go to the 440 m indoor track next time.  I really feel like I wasn't nearly as comfortable as I was during the summer/early fall, running intervals on the outdoor track w/less on.

Anyway, regardless, I'm happy.  I think I've gotten a bit faster and that feels good!

PS - I notice that my times can be off a second b/t what Garmin Connect says v. what RA imports from GC.  I used GC's splits.

Was that while you were carrying one of the kids? Big grin

That is crazy fast, you are improving 10-fold.

runmomto3boys

Mitch: 2 of the boys, one in each arm for each interval...I wouldn't want to make it too easy, you know??  Big grin  Thanks a bunch. 

I did my intervals!!!  9 miles at 8:11 average pace, including 6x800m intervals done at an average equivalent pace of 6:21 (6:25, 6:27, 6:09, 6:25, 6:30, 6:15).

Nice!

3.5 on the TM tonight , on an empty stomach I might add.