Beginners and Beyond

Which Half Should I Race? (Update on Goals and Colon Cancer) (Read 116 times)

hog4life

I resonate the well wishes already mentioned.  (And with any luck, maybe it's nothing). But shining the smaller flashlight........Curious how the PF is going?

The PF is finally okay so that I can run more miles. Paces are still kinda slow though.

delicate flower

Best of luck with your upcoming appointments, Mitch.  I hope you get some good news.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

When you make your decisions, keep in mind that Brad's opinion on running the November HM is colored by his personal experience. I've raced all-out anywhere from 10M to 30K 2-5 weeks out from a marathon with no ill effects. That includes before my 3 fastest marathons ever.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

hog4life

When you make your decisions, keep in mind that Brad's opinion on running the November HM is colored by his personal experience. I've raced all-out anywhere from 10M to 30K 2-5 weeks out from a marathon with no ill effects. That includes before my 3 fastest marathons ever.

George, thanks. I do realize that about Brads opinion. I also know that our running community focuses on the November half as a tune up race prior to the December full, both are in the same town. I'm mostly making the adjustments due to the PF and reduced mileage.