Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES, What's a Song That You Like for Running? (Read 39 times)

LRB

(((Rick))), you always find a way to be positive and encouraging. I love that about you. 

Somebody has to do it.  

Just B.S.

I am sure he does. This is a small town where everyone has some kind of connection

And I know thru the grapevine who the officer is.

Young man  was a friend of our older son  in high school and the brother to our younger sons

friend of many years. No one blames the officer its just sad that dealing with mental

health issues doesn't get priority until a tragedy takes place.

Wow, that is terrible.  And the policeman has to feel as bad as anyone.

StepbyStep-SH

Beth, I'm so sorry. What a terrible ordeal for everyone.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

LRB -- If you are recalling the CIM from 2 years ago, I don't think it was the temps that had people complaining about the weather, as much as there was 30 mph winds and heavy rain.  I remember waking up that day and seeing the deluge and hearing the howling wind and being grateful I hadn't planned on running CIM that year.  The RRs from that year were pretty funny.  The shuttles were depositing people at the start line pre-dawn and no one wanted to get out!  That is the gamble of the CIM, tho.

I'm also still mulling over running SF again this year.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

I'm also still mulling over running SF again this year.

I'll be there!

You know, if that sways your decision.  Tongue

outoftheblue

Oski!!!  Maybe, I will see you there, then.

Life is good.

LRB

The article said it was CIM 2013, but yeah I wear throw away gear to the corral.  I could not imagine standing in that crap in shorts and a singlet for longer than it takes to say ready, set, go.  lol

Hello dailies:

Basya - good topic, I was gonna post a song that was stuck in my head all run anyway.

Rick - it must mess with you early birds, as for me the daylight now seems "right" again.

Baboon - woot, shorts!

D - crazy cats

DaveP - way to get it done

Lily - fast stuff, yay (even if you don't like it).  Will you pick Dave's outfit from the Purple thread?

Scotty - jealous of your weather

Step - cool, no gluten to have to avoid

Zelanie - hah, I like that Calle song.  Reminds me of what my parking lot sounded like every day in Tampa Smile

Jack - A Baboon is naturally a beast

Brrr - good 12

Free - beat the bad weather

jjs - hill? All your hills are mountains

Lauren - interesting, I've heard about the 180 bpm thing before.

Beth - so sorry about your son's friend.

OOTB - clean coop, less poop

16 miles outside at MP to confirm that all systems are go.  I crossed paths twice with a lady in her 2013 Boston shirt at nearly the same spot, and couldn't help but wonder if she was doing the same loop at the same speed, but in the opposite direction.  Here is the song I was thinking of.

Also, a car blasted me with puddle water and rather than be angry, I just laughed, turned around, stuck out my tongue and gave them moose antlers.  Crazy-ass runners!

LRB

That is a good point Jay.  The time says I should be fast asleep by now but my body says not so fast my friend.

Lauren710, great pickups.

scottydawg, I'm flying to Tel Aviv next Monday night, landing Tuesday afternoon. After clearing passport control and customs, I'll go straight to Jerusalem. I hope that the temperatures stay mild.

Shari, beautiful run and workout.

Phil, hooray for visible pavement! Excellent eight! (((Beth))) I hope that your run was cathartic.

FreeSoul87, way to go, touching it out on the hills with the stroller.

Lily, beautiful nine-miler. I hope that you feel well soon.

outoftheblue, busy day at the farm there. Fantastic 5.15.

(((((((Beth)))))))

Jay, bravo on the sixteen. Good night, everyone. I plan to do 5.0 OUTSIDE in the morning.