Beginners and Beyond

Happy Globally Organized Hug A Runner Thurs-Day (G.O.H.A.R.D.) Penguins! (Read 21 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

I was having significant issues with the GPS on my phone when I used my navigation/traffic app.  DH suggested rebooting my phone.    Of course that fixed the problem completely. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Traci - I'm thinking of doing a Turkey Trot this year too.  I've never done one, but there's a popular one about 15 miles away and since I haven't done a 5k in a long time, I'm curious about how I'd do.  Question is, do most people treat the Trot as a fun run or as a race?  I know some take it seriously, since there are cash prizes for the top runners, but can I make my way through the less motivated?

Scotty - Tucson used to have real problems when it rained too.  There were no sewers, so the water had to run down the streets, making driving really hazardous.  I don't know if that is still the case, but it used to be a mess.  Fortunately, the water all disappeared pretty quickly. 

Ended up with 6.2 somewhat hilly and windy miles.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles on the bike path for us.  23F, 18 wind chill and we were dressed for it.. Saw 1 walker, 1 cyclist, 1 coyote, 0 runners.  Definitely not a low HR run, but felt good from start to finish.  New Smartwool socks were warm, but they slipped a little.

I think I will hug a runner ( to stay warm)   

tracilynn

Ginny- Our Turkey Trot is really popular and several people will dress up for it. There will be pilgrims, Indians, turkeys and turkey hats. Haha. They are also doing a fun run right after the trot. It's a certified course and money prizes so I'm sure there will be lots of serious people too. I am going to try to run it hard (for me) so I can get some accurate training paces to work with.

Nice job on your hilly 10k today

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Think I will order this.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I like this too but it looks too floppy to run in 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Are you disco dancing? 

LMFAO.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Pilates and 15 miles done.  Plus the heavy weights earlier.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Seems that extra few minutes of sleep this morning gave you lots of energy!  Aren't you running a marathon this weekend? Your knee must be feeling better.