Beginners and Beyond

April Fools from DW (Read 134 times)

in the spirit of April fools day, I thought i would share some of our family shananigans with you. My wife and I are proud parents of three BOYS, ages 6,7, and 9. Last year, while they were all getting dressed for school DW convinced all three boys that it was National Underwear Awareness Day and that school sent home a memo saying to wear your clean underwear on the outside of the pants. Some documentation was provided to curb any hesitation. Pictures were taken and it was hilarious when she broke the news of April fools day. At the time they were 5,6, and 8 yrs old.

The past couple of birthday parties we have taken the boys to have had "cake pops" instead of birthday cake. These are small amounts of cake with icing on the end of a lolipop stick. This year DW made cake pops but instead of cake on the inside she put icing on mild shallots as an after school snack. Stay tuned.....

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

happylily

So cruel, yet so funny. Big grin Your wife is evil! Evil And your 3 boys are adorable!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

This is going to be good.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bobruns

Don't forget...you are outnumbered...someday they will have their revenge...and there are 3 of them!   Wink

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Bwahahahahaaa....did you at least make some real ones for them to enjoy, once you're done laughing?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Don't call me Buttercup!

Don't forget...you are outnumbered...someday they will have their revenge...and there are 3 of them!   Wink

What he said! They are going to GET YOU!  LOL

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

thanks Happylily.

And yes they get their revenge on a  regular basis.

It worked well. The little one took a bite and didnt notice until the second bite. He siad "whats that smell?". The oldest figured it out on the first bite and remained quiet to see his brothers' reaction.

Docket_Rocket

While you sleep!

What he said! They are going to GET YOU!  LOL

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

thanks Happylily.

And yes they get their revenge on a  regular basis.

It worked well. The little one took a bite and didnt notice until the second bite. He siad "whats that smell?". The oldest figured it out on the first bite and remained quiet to see his brothers' reaction.

Smart kid.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Rondog65

Very nice, evil, but nice!!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

iwish I could post the video she took of their reaction as they ate them. Hilarious.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Don't screw with your kids too badly for some day they will pick your retirement home.

StepbyStep-SH

And just think what that wise young man (your oldest - who wanted to see his brothers' reactions) is already planning for next year ... for all of you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Those pranks are exactly something my dad would have done to my brother and I as kids!!! He used to go all out for April Fools Day. Once he stayed up all night and glued a whole roll of toilet paper together, strung a whole box of Cheerios together so wheb you went to pour out a little the whole box dumped out as one giant necklace, laced my OJ with hotsauce, short sheeted the bed, ect! We survived into adulthood unscathed Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Those pranks are exactly something my dad would have done to my brother and I as kids!!! He used to go all out for April Fools Day. Once he stayed up all night and glued a whole roll of toilet paper together, strung a whole box of Cheerios together so wheb you went to pour out a little the whole box dumped out as one giant necklace, laced my OJ with hotsauce, short sheeted the bed, ect! We survived into adulthood unscathed Smile

Awesomeness!!!!