Beginners and Beyond

Team USA opening ceremonies uniform (Read 108 times)

delicate flower

+1 on the ugly christmas sweater.

What if it were you ?  You train your whole life, bust your ass, reach that loftiest of goals, and then they say : Here, put this on while the whole world laughs at you.

Makes me glad I grew up in a warm state.....

I'd be stoked about getting a free $2000 outfit.  I mean, I wouldn't go out and buy the outfit, but it's not terrible enough to not wear.

<3

Will run for scenery.

The belt has a really awesome feature - you stop striking a douchey pose, take your hand off your hip, and voilà : totally invisible !  Why couldn't they do that for the cardigan, too ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

Wait.  Are their jeans tucked into their socks?

Love the Half

Here ya go LTH

BWHAHAHAHA!  Now that was funny.  I need to get me one of these for my next race.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

Wait.  Are their jeans tucked into their socks?

They are, but I thought they were warm-up type pants.

Hip Redux

They are, but I thought they were warm-up type pants.

That does not make it much better. lol

I think I had socks like that in high school.

TxDiverMom

Better than the Norwegian curling uni's!

I actually kind of love those.  They look like they'd sell well as flannel PJ's.

LRB

That does not make it much better. lol

Is it coming back?  Tight ass pants did so never say never!

sheepla

I know I'm late to the party, but I really really hate the US uniforms.  What were they thinking?

On The Daily Show a couple nights ago, Lewis Black referred to the uniform as "a cardigan fucking an American flag with Lee Greenwood's dick". Seems about right.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

$165 sweat pants? They could outfit the whole team for that amount if they shopped the sales at Wally World.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Love the Half

On The Daily Show a couple nights ago, Lewis Black referred to the uniform as "a cardigan fucking an American flag with Lee Greenwood's dick". Seems about right.

Is it Unamerican of me to say that I hate that damn Lee Greenwood song?  When I was in the service, it used to irritate the shit out of me to hear anyone saying crap like, "by golly I'd defend the country right with you."  Well then fine.  Shut the fuck up and head down to the nearest recruiter's office.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Will run for scenery.

I know I'm late to the party, but I really really hate the US uniforms.  What were they thinking?

I saw a quote by one of the Norwegian curlers talking about their uniforms.  He basically said that if you're going to wear something that ugly you sure as hell better win !

Still, that Norwegian stuff is ugly in a totally hip, quirky way.  The right person under the right circumstances can pull it off.  The US outfit : not so much.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Is it Unamerican of me to say that I hate that damn Lee Greenwood song?  When I was in the service, it used to irritate the shit out of me to hear anyone saying crap like, "by golly I'd defend the country right with you."  Well then fine.  Shut the fuck up and head down to the nearest recruiter's office.

No. I don't even know the lyrics, I just know it's a crappy song.

Dave