Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Tuesdaily (Early) Hump Day (Read 20 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

So I had an investigator email me asking for writeups for a grant proposal.  He gave me very little description of what the project was, but I can pull out sections on infrastructure, budget, prior experience, and so on without too much problem.  He gave me a number to call if I needed more info.  I called, had to leave a message.  I emailed, no response.  I just sent an email with what I'd done so far, and I figure that's pretty much all he gets. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

23F/12 wind chill and sunny so we ran outside, 4.5 miles.  Most of the ice on the bike path evaporated and we had a chilly, but nice run.  Didn't even wear the balaclava.  HR was 130, but it froze a few times.  New mittens are toasty, but blowing my nose is tricky.

Safe trip to CO, Brilliant. Safe trip home, Jack.  Enjoy SD, Zel.

GinnyinPA

Kathleen - I have an old video of Suzanne Deason's "Yoga for weight Loss" that I like.  There are newer versions widely available (Target, Walmart, etc.)  What I like is that it gives modifications for those of us just starting so we don't overstretch.

Great run today!  55 degrees - perfect.

Ginny -- Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like a great introduction into yoga. Just what I was after.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Short but intense day at work (procedure that I hate doing, it stresses me the hell out every time but I don't have any alternatives for this experiment :C), followed by 3.25 miles in shorts and short sleeves to destress, cloudy and breezy but 59F. Taking tomorrow off and then holiday streaking begins! I got my HRM today so I will take that for a spin on Thursday, but it might be a very short spin, what with the snow and rain and freezing temps we're supposed to get tomorrow and all - snow doesn't bother me but ice definitely does!