Beginners and Beyond

Who are you ThursDAILIES? (Read 42 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Come on!  Hope it's soon!

You and her both. She was ready to deliver a week or two ago.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

You and her both. She was ready to deliver a week or two ago.

After going through my last week pre-surgery, I understand what she is going through, in part.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Man, you'd think it'd be sooner, not later. But I guess it happens when it happens. They only let the women go a week now before they strongly suggest induction.

Really? Ours was almost 15 yrs ago, I need to tell DW the current practice (or maybe not). We went in with contractions at 10 days & in fact they told us she was not far enough along yet, and wanted to send us home. DW insisted she was not leaving there without a baby, and we basically had to beg to get induced.

Dave

Rick, smokin' seven.

DaveP MI, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Andrew, congratulations on no longer needing a warmup walk. Other than only being at 1, is DW OK?

outoftheblue, you sound busy, busy, busy. Enjoy your time running and with your guests.

Jack K., fantastic five. I envy your low humidity.

scottydawg, bravo on your third morning run in a row.

Lauren, congratulations on moving up a group! I hope that cutting back goes well.

Marjorie, great 6.5. I hope that all is well with Quincy.

Damaris, excellent Pilates workout.

Zelanie, terrific ten. Cool that so many people were out and active.

Nicole, nice hike with Dorian. Enjoy your three-miler later.

I'm on my way to Crossfit. Let's see how much of an @$$ I make of myself.

Docket_Rocket

Ended up switching with another run and did 6 with 2 @ MP.  96F and 75 dewpoint made for a slow run but overall not bad considering I am super fucking sore from Pilates.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

12 miles done, 8:35 average. First 3 miles jog, then 12x400m @ 6:44 mpm avg, with 400m jog intervals and finished with 3 very easy miles. Not as bad as I thought, but I definitely need to hydrate better before my workouts and also cut down on salty food. I feel nauseous now and my mouth is grossly dry and pasty. Off now to drink a litre or two of water.

Good luck to Andrew and family! We can't wait to hear the good news!  

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Basya- Good luck at Crossfit!

Damaris, awesome run.

Lily, brava on the twelve with intervals.

Crossfit on the Greenway was fun. I imagine that doing it at the gym would be different with equipment. I have a pass for a free class. I was looking forward to trying it in its normal environment...until I saw the pricing. $$$

You Rang?

Good evening dailies!

Sorry for the late post.  Something strange happened this morning.  I got back from my run (more on that below) and my family was awake, eating breakfast and ready to head out the door to Yosemite.  So y'all got pushed to the evening.

Basya - I trust you enjoyed cross fit.

Step - Mmmmm Fair food!  Deep Fried Anything!

Lily - Nice 12!

Dave - Nice 9.  I find some of my runs turn into progression runs.  I don't even think about it. It just kinda happens.

Baboon - Nice six. Your pace numbers would kill me.  I'm glad you think it easy.

LRB - I'd like to know how you procreate and run at the same time.  Inquiring minds, and all that rot.

Brr - TMI! TMI! TMI!

Dave - I trust you enjoyed your rest and yoga.

Brr - Nice run and I hope all goes well with the arrival of your daughter! My daughter showed up two weeks early.

Blue - six miles in 90 degree heat?  unfun!

Jack - I love running in the desert too.  I head back to SoCal tomorrow.

Scotty - Nice run with the troops.  Now that sounds like fun.  And just to let ya know, the days of a senator holding the floor of the US Senate by talking and failing to yield the floor are long gone.  Now all legislation is presumed to be filibustered unless 60 senators vote to invoke cloture. So the days of Ted Kennedy reading the DC phonebook into the record went with Ted Kennedy and phone books.

Docket - I love San Francisco.  The weather looks pretty normal for July.  And nice Pilates.  Are you sure that isn't gymnastics?

Lauren - Nice track work!

Marjorie - Nice six and a half.  We've got a long talk with our vet waiting for us when we get home.  Our older dog has a tumor blocking her urethra.  Not sure what to do about it.

Z - Way to get 10 done in the rain.

Me - ok... I'm really tired of the hills around here.  This morning, i drove down to June Mountain ski area.  The ski area was closed for the summer, which in the low early morning light gave me a Scooby-Do feeling.  I found two miles of relatively flat ground, and ran out and back.  I don't like driving to run.  One of the things I like about running is that I can start from my front door.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Maybe they lied to me when I signed up, Lurch?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Super busy freaking day - leading into an early (4 am) trip to Austin for a project meeting.

SO! late night run just finished (10 pm my time) it was a Quality so I absolutely *HAD* to get it in...

And can I say, I rocked it!  Damn felt great - tough but felt awesome.

10 total miles  w/ (6) 1 Mile (Daniels T) - 3-5 min rest between.

Plan calls for 6:04 weather conditions suggest 6:11-6:15

#1: 6:04

#2: 6:02

#3: 6:06

#4: 6:05

#5: 6:08

#6: 6:11

A bit quick for the conditions (except the last one) but it felt good. It was work, it wasn't easy but I rocked that shizz...

* now time to clean up, shave my mellon eat and get a few hours before its time to get on the road.

Have a great evening all!

(Ill need to catch up on the thread after the meeting )

Brrr still waiting I see!  Good luck buddy.

B-Plus

Slymoon gettin' work done.