Beginners and Beyond

All or Nothing Penguin Weekend! (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck to DW's running, Robert.  That will be a fun 5K.

Hope the knee is better, Ginny.

Short run for us today.  We might wait for the cold front to go through.

D, Good luck at SF Marathon.  Kill those hills.

From the Internet.

Good luck at SF today Damaris!

Thanks for the kind words, pens! Smile

Lauren, you are my inspiration! Im so happy this running thing is working for you now after your past struggles. I hope I can get to the point you are one day (or one year)

I hope you can too! Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm running speedwork and races and am kinda just waiting to get hurt again - the fear is fading, but really slowly

Heading out to a barbecue - hope you all have a good Sunday!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Slept in a little bit today, got up a little past 7 a.m. and headed for a nearby local park, my favorite park in San Antonio for running.  Lots of trails, both on-and-off road, a dog park in the park, lots of restrooms and water fountains available everywhere.  This is the largest park in San Antonio so at this park a runner can get a run in from 1 mile to over 20 miles.

This morning I did trails.  My run/walk today went much better than yesterday's, probably because yesterday for lunch and dinner I finally managed to eat some solid food and keep it down, so that probably helped with my 'fueling."  I still went pretty slow but  today I did not have to do any extra walking.  My combination is run 8 minutes/walk 2 minutes and I completed all my running segments in good order.   I did 3.1 miles.  A bit tired after I finished, my body telling me I am still not back 100% yet from that stupid virus I had;  but I did well today, all things considered, so that was a good feeling, both physically and mentally.

I was thinking about Sly Moon when I was running, hoping he did okay for his intended run today.  He texted me last night he was going to go on the other side of the Riverwalk this morning and shoot for getting to the old Spanish Missions.  I was thinking about it later and thought,  "dang', that's a pretty fair piece of running from his hotel to the Missions.  I've done some races on that side of the Riverwalk, starting and we went quite a ways toward the Missions and our turn-around point was still a ways from the Missions.  The DRIVE distance to the Missions from the pub where Sly was last night is 5 miles and is a pretty straight drive; so, since the Riverwalk winds around quite a bit, I'm guessing one way from pub to Missions via Riverwalk is about 8 miles or so...one way.  Good luck, Sly!   Hope he made it!    Super nice guy!  If you ever get a chance to FE with him don't pass it up.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

After my 11 mile run on Saturday, DW, DS, DIL and I  took off on the bikes. This was not a good decision to leave at 2:00 pm. Right out of the gate, about 3/4 mile in, my wife took a spill and was bruised an achy the rest of the day(it's even worse today). We kept going though, and at 11 miles she started to overheat. We had plenty of water and Gatorade, but it just wasn't enough. I left the 3 of them, and sped home like a madman to get my truck to come back and pick everyone up. Thy made it another 1.5 miles to a little country store, and were there sipping more Gatorade when I arrived. It was 21 miles for me, and about 13 for them.

Today I got up and did 12.5 with 2 big azz hills.

Looks like everyone is doing well.

Scotty, glad you got to meet Sly.

Good luck D!

Zelanie

Ginny- There are two parks I can get to.  One has a 400m track.  The other has a 0.5 mile loop with a hill on the back side.  Both get pretty monotonous after a couple of loops.  But at the half-mile-loop park, I did finally explore the path on the other side of the bridge.  There's about a mile loop I can do over there.  It's not as nice as the other loop, but it adds mileage.

Today I set out to run in the park.  It looked like maybe it might drizzle a little bit.  I was at the part of the park that was furthest away from everything (the far point of that mile loop I mentioned above) when it just started dumping rain.  Super hard, winds, thunder, etc.  I took shelter in a nearby market, waited for it to lighted up a bit, then took a cab to the gym.   Then I ran home from the gym, because of course by then it was nice outside again.  So my run today was streets-park-cab-gym-streets.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Norby, enjoyed your pics on FB this morn. TJ  Looking happy and you are looking strong. Glad to hear Angie is doing the running thing.  Awesome news.

Thanks!  

Running for TJ because he can't.