Beginners and Beyond

Finally Winter is Gone!!!! (Read 92 times)

Philliefan33

Yesterday was my first outside run of the year with shorts and short sleeves.  It sure was nice not to have to think about what to wear.  No guessing -- just put on the shorts and shirt and knew that I would not be cold.

Hip Redux

Today was my first run in shorts!  HECK YEAH!

RunswithBeer

I can relate to that! I decided yesterday afternoon would be a good time to get in 10 miles after a couple of low mileage weeks.  It was 80 here. I was ready to quit at 7 but, since it was an out and back run, I was still 3 miles from my car.

NotScott, I see you are running Frederick. I am also. I hope it isn't this warm on May 5.

Mostly harmless

NotScott, I see you are running Frederick. I am also. I hope it isn't this warm on May 5.

I almost hope it IS this warm, then I'll have a good excuse to forget about the PR and just run for fun.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Big grin I ran home and got my shoes to run this evening!!!! I don't care if I am sore and stiff, I am going to enjoy this weather!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Running Chick

today wasn't even a running day for me - but i just HAD to do a quick jog around the block with my 12-year old - it was finally sunny, beautiful.....   ahhhhhhhhh............  love.

chandakitty

70° yesterday, 15° today, with 50mph winds and a bit of snow.  And then back into the 60s on Thursday.  Ahhh...springtime in the Rockies.

Yup - crazy to watch the temp drop 45* in just a few hours!  Gave me extra incentive to get my runs in over the weekend!

Luke79

This thread makes me happy.

I love the spring, and summer.  I love the warm weather.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

hmmm...

I never stopped running in shorts, though I did put on a t-shirt even at 28F.

I must say, clearly none of you live in Texas else you would dread the 100+F days soon to come. (it might get under 90F at night... might...)

And Luke? I know where you live, it wont be long before you are running in a sauna...

Nightvisionrn

More snow for us- after we are done with 2 days off dreary, cold thunderstorms.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Went from 40's to 80's in a week, so I went from running in capris and long sleeves last week to shorts and no sleeves this week.

BruceD555

Hmmmm, maybe where some people live.Smile

Feels like of 30 here today. Snow showers and rain with ice pellets mixed in for good measure.

More of the same tomorrow.

Hopefully it actually feels like spring for my spring marathon in 5 weeks.

It actually got up to 46F here yesterday. That was a nice treat.

Close to the same here. Feels like 29 right now. Winds are supposed to be 20-35 mph tomorrow and basically 100% chance of rain. However, that changes over to snow/mixed precipitation overnight for Wednesday into Thursday. Winter is never really gone ...

Train smart ... race smarter.

Zelanie

I thought you got winter the day of the Ft. Lauderdale Marathon.

I never knew Winter had arrived.

:ducks:

Docket_Rocket

Story of my life.  I even bring the heat and humidity with me on destination marathons....

I almost hope it IS this warm, then I'll have a good excuse to forget about the PR and just run for fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Well, yes, one day.  It passed by so quickly we almost missed it.  THis has been the coldest Winter we've ever had.  I loved it.  We are still in the high 80s now when we should be in the mid 90s already.  I am happy.

I thought you got winter the day of the Ft. Lauderdale Marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page