Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins From A to Z (Read 177 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ha.  I knew I could talk you in to posting your timeBig grin. Congrats on your new PR! I cant imagine running a 25 anything.  Lol. 

Good luck to Zel too.  How mad would you be if she got a 25:47?

I like these showdowns.  Who is next for a showdown?  A virtual showdown.  We should do one a week!   We can match up people with the most similar 5k times!  Mine 5k PR is a 31:39 and its very fresh! Not soft at all.

Traci - The big showdown will be in April when we all have our first HM's.  My one and only 5K was 32:00, so we will have to race sometime.

Jerry

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Traci - The big showdown will be in April when we all have our first HM's.  My one and only 5K was 32:00, so we will have to race sometime.

Jerry

Jerry - Aren't you heading South for your HM?  I'm going to be right in your backyard...lol  Bummer!!!

Thanks guys!!!  Today has been a blast.  I even won free movie tickets.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

23:35 for me for the 5k. My splits were 7:27, 7:23, and 7:30. My Garmin said 3.2 miles, but whatever.  Youngest DD did a 25:22 and older DD was cruising and chatting with her friends... 21 and change for them.

Good stuff awood... Great PR!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Awesome times Jack!  Thanks!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, awood.

I also hate that: I have something to tell you...later!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You too, Jack!  Congrats.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

23:35 for me for the 5k. My splits were 7:27, 7:23, and 7:30. My Garmin said 3.2 miles, but whatever.  Youngest DD did a 25:22 and older DD was cruising and chatting with her friends... 21 and change for them.

Good stuff awood... Great PR!

You have a very fast family Jack !!!  Congrats...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry - Aren't you heading South for your HM?  I'm going to be right in your backyard...lol  Bummer!!!

Thanks guys!!!  Today has been a blast.  I even won free movie tickets.

Knoxville.  I'm going to have to figure out how to walk the hills.  We don't have any in Chicago.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay awood! Great job! Going to read your full RR now. Good luck Zel your work is cut out for you!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats again Awood, killer PR!!

Volunteering at the 50k was great, I was amazed at how many smiling happy faces there were crossing the finish line after such a tough race (I was working the backup timing gear at the finish line).  Definitely a tough trail, multiple people coming across the line with dirt on their arms/shoulders from taking spills, and I'm pretty sure one lady tore a tendon in her forearm (huge bulge on her wrist).  The winner crossed the line in 3:35, and then went back out and ran it again for the hell of it!  He still came back from his second round before the 8 hour cutoff.  Crazy.  In case you're wondering, yes, I now plan on doing this race next year. Smile

Good luck Zel, whoop Awood's butt! (sorry Awood, since you posted first, I now have to root for Zel) Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats again Awood, killer PR!!

Volunteering at the 50k was great, I was amazed at how many smiling happy faces there were crossing the finish line after such a tough race (I was working the backup timing gear at the finish line).  Definitely a tough trail, multiple people coming across the line with dirt on their arms/shoulders from taking spills, and I'm pretty sure one lady tore a tendon in her forearm (huge bulge on her wrist).  The winner crossed the line in 3:35, and then went back out and ran it again for the hell of it!  He still came back from his second round before the 8 hour cutoff.  Crazy.  In case you're wondering, yes, I now plan on doing this race next year. Smile

Good luck Zel, whoop Awood's butt! (sorry Awood, since you posted first, I now have to root for Zel) Big grin

You are going to do it twice Dave, aren't you ????  Smile