Beginners and Beyond

Time is Wasting on Tabescent Tuesdailies (Read 46 times)

Hip Redux

And it's in the books, first no-no of 2013, after also pitching the last one of 2012.

Just saw that.  I wonder if that's ever happened before!

B+ - that seems like a great situation for the kids, but a really crappy situation in terms of moving on socially/romantically.   The only thing I know personally about divorce is through my dad's first marriage - no way in hell would he want to have lived anywhere near his ex.   I grew up having older siblings around via weekend visitations, which was fine... but the few times I went over their house, it was uncomfortable, to say the least, between my dad and his ex.

B-Plus

B+ - that seems like a great situation for the kids, but a really crappy situation in terms of moving on socially/romantically.   The only thing I know personally about divorce is through my dad's first marriage - no way in hell would he want to have lived anywhere near his ex.   I grew up having older siblings around via weekend visitations, which was fine... but the few times I went over their house, it was uncomfortable, to say the least, between my dad and his ex.

Yep. The adults definitely need to be adults for an arrangement like that to work.

Hip Redux

Yep. The adults definitely need to be adults for an arrangement like that to work.

And they need to have forgiven each other for whatever transgressions occurred - which I think is the more difficult thing to do in some cases.

Of course, my dad is a stubborn mofo, so I'm sure that didn't help. :P

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

Nice jugs.

...  and hard nipples.

Surprisingly, it has happened 6 times that a pitcher has thrown two no-hitters without anyone else throwing one in between. Less surprisingly, the last one to do it was Nolan Ryan.

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal today about how often empty nesters are splitting up, without the kids to keep them together. Story is about one couple who actually stuck together by getting separate houses. (Must be nice to be able to afford that.)

Dave

Hi Dailies:

Scotty - great weather for you this time of year.  Two cities for one... Toronto is only a hour and a half from here, but it might as well be in a foreign country Wink

D - ugh, feel better.  I am NOT over summer.  Even a rainy, gloomy summer is much preferred to -5 and snowing yet again.

Basya - people are overrrated

Oski - there are many jobs like that, but few of them are legal

Baboon - to the outside

Lilac - good walk to you

Sarah - runnin' with the dog, nice

D^2 - the dew has made its point here as well, yet it's still not hot.  I imagine this is like typical B+ weather.

Rick - vroom

April - so the tree survives?  Excellent!  I have a black walnut by my back garage, looking forward to Fall and the harvest.

Brr - do it!

Kristin - that is one serious signature

MBC - no socks in the champagne room?

Marjorie - nice job on the rain run

Zelanie - enjoy your rest

Tom - good luck with the new/old dishwasher

SIAR - you've mentioned before that you seem to be ok running on little fuel.. interesting.  Mind over matter maybe?  Stuff about my situation at the end since a few people have asked.

Scotty - holy cow, tell the story Smile

Oski - hmm, I'll skip that one then, thanks for the heads up

jjs - lol, that is all

kristin - ooh, bar trivia is good times

B+ - hah, there are two spare bedrooms upstairs laid out just like that.  Nice 10.

16 miles today, starting in a brief hour of beautiful sunshine, regressing into the weird cloudy humidville that has become the norm this year.  First 8 easy, second 8 moderate.

-------personal NRR crap below----------

I'll try not to write a novel, although I could.

Before I came back to taking running seriously, FEW and I were both into disc golf.  We even ran the local amateur doubles league together for a year.  That hedonistic crowd was not really my thing though, and I never fit into that scene.  And unlike running, you can't just keep practicing to get better.  So I got fed up with being mediocre and started running again, but FEW got more and more into tournaments and league play.

Should it matter that we now had different hobbies, no.  We'd still go out to dinner, shop together, watch TV, cook, all the normal stuff that normal married people do.  But then there was one night that she went out with disc golf friends and I stayed home due to work in the morning.  She didn't return until after 6 AM, and that didn't make sense even if they had made last call at 4.  She said she had called, which I had reason to doubt, so I checked her phone and there was no call, but there was an explicit text to a guy that I happened to see.  Called her out on it, she said it was just joking around.  Whatever, people screw up when they're drunk.  It bugged me but I put it on the back burner.  Probably a big mistake.

Now we're at last summer, and I had vowed to avenge my blowup marathon debut with some help from Pfitz, with BQ dreams dancing in my head.  She would go to tournaments on most of her every other weekends off and league 3-4 nights a week .  We finally had enough money to start house shopping (she got her RN the year before).  The plan had always been a nice house out in the country, pets, kids.  The American dream.  We were spending a lot of time apart, but the time together still seemed happy.

We put an offer on a house we liked after a very frank discussion in which I told her that if she thought there was any doubt, that we shouldn't proceed.  It's fine, this is what we've been working towards, she said.  Ok.

Closing took way longer than it should have due to some issues the sellers were having, past the lease terms on our apartment.  My parents offered to take us in rather than having to sign an inflated short term lease, so we threw all our stuff in storage and were guests there for a little while.  That's when her big meltdown occurred, saying she might just want to move to Syracuse with her friend Dee and not be complacent in life.  I assumed that she was freaking out about having no set date on the house, but actually I later learned that she had started dating her friend's brother, while married, and without telling me the truth.

So this all shook down right before Boston, with her telling me that she screwed up and should have never gotten married, that she really just wants to be single and not tied down to anything, and that I deserve better, to go after my dream.

So that's pretty much where things are, with the house being the big monkey wrench in just walking away.  We are still cordial, living as roommates and friends.  We have never been the screaming, arguing types.  But, I know now that I don't love her anymore, not after being treated that way, and that there can be someone else, someone better to live the dream with.

Maybe I should sell the house and force the issue, that's what I was thinking about last night.  But it's a pretty sweet place to live and I don't know if I'm ready to scuttle that aspect of things just yet.

Hopefully I'm not a bad person.

Wow, thanks for sharing Jay. What a tough situation. Hopefully you're not a bad person? After reading this I just want to slap FEW & tell her to friggin' grow up. I won't try to give advice, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Dave