Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 56 times)

Luke79

Very good progression run. 5 miles average pace 8:54 with the last 1.5 miles at an 8:13 pace. Building my base and working on speed again for some races this spring. Smile

Nice speed Hil, you're all kinds of back in the swing.

Nevrgivup

Nice speed Hil, you're all kinds of back in the swing.

Thanks Luke. I'm getting there. Its tough coming back from injury, because you have to be conservative.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

Very good progression run. 5 miles average pace 8:54 with the last 1.5 miles at an 8:13 pace. Building my base and working on speed again for some races this spring. Smile

It's a beautiful thing isn't it?  I plan on running a half marathon pace mile or two myself this weekend.  Really excited about that!

Shari, hope your son gets better.  I think I got two colds in as many weeks!

What up doe peeps!

Way to get those runs done every body!

Me, I need to figure out something to do tomorrow other than the myrtle crap, if for no the reason than to avoid stagnation.  I may hit the treadmill for some extended side walks.

I guess I will sleep on it and wake up with a plan, that's how I normally solve dilemmas so we'll see....

AprilRunner, you ran and you're done. CoolSmile

AI, twenty intervals? Wow. My quads tremble at the thought!

Lily, nice and hilly ten-miler. I hope that you enjoyed the well-earned bath and dinner.

Baboon, food is good.

Luke, great short run. Good luck Saturday!

Shirfan, that sounds beautiful. I hope that you have fun.

Hilary, sweet!

Rick, have a wonderful time doing whatever it is you do.

Weights, push-ups, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done. While I was on a machine that's different from the one I usually use, the settings were the same: incline at the maximum of 10 of 10, resistance at 50 of 100. Maybe it was because I took a ten minute break after weights and push-ups to flip through one of the magazines at the gym. Maybe it was the machine. I felt as if my legs had sprouted wings. I was flyingSmile

BruceD555

Whew...not even gonna try to update with personals this time - there's too many pages since my last post. I'll just say good job to everyone for getting in those workouts, runs, doubles and grill work!

Got in my recovery 6 and even managed to slow down - and that was doubly tough because the wind chill was 4 and every turn into the wind made me want to run fast. Now I'm siting by the fire drinking hot tea ... feel like an Englishman.

Train smart ... race smarter.

B-Plus

Damn, I haven't been able to keep up with you guys recently.

11.7 miles @ 7:49 w/ 4 mile fartlek portion.

LRB

Damn, I haven't been able to keep up with you guys recently.

And today was a slow day!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Whew...not even gonna try to update with personals this time - there's too many pages since my last post. I'll just say good job to everyone for getting in those workouts, runs, doubles and grill work!

Got in my recovery 6 and even managed to slow down - and that was doubly tough because the wind chill was 4 and every turn into the wind made me want to run fast. Now I'm siting by the fire drinking hot tea ... feel like an Englishman.

I want to know more about this grill work. Who's making brats in this frigid weather?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I want to know more about this grill work. Who's making brats in this frigid weather?

Boon was doing something with his grill.  He never posted any pics though so I'm not sure what came of it.

Was targeting between 7 and 9, and I did 10.8.  Hey.. figured it might be my last run of the week, might as well get the long run in while I have a chance.

Just B.S.

Today, same as yesterday!!

1,200 meters in the pool and 5 miles on the treadmill.

My body is starting to adapt to the doubles (swim/run) on the same day and I wasn't tired today at all!

Now to add in the cycling again. I haven't been on the bike trainer on a regular basis for a while.

Nite all!!

B-Plus

And today was a slow day!

Ya really! I guess I just gotta come on here mid-day and say "What up doe?" to some of our peeps.

c0de - Nice run.

Just B.S.

Luke and Hilary, glad to see both of you coming back well from your injuries!

Basya, your workout make me tired just reading it!

Lily is back!! Woot!! Can't wait to hear all about your experience in Bermuda and compare notes!

Kristin10185, I'm sorry you had to DNS and understand your disappointment but it sound like

you made a mature considered decision that will pay off going forward.

Pinktastic, I hope you had a totally pink-a-delic day and great job on the 10 miles in the a.m.!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks Beth and everyone who gave me words of support.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

I read everything but too tired to respond.  Really, just lazy, haha.

My 10 miles went awesome.  The first 3 miles were like should I return home and quit, followed by lovely miles.  I even ran fast.  Funny how some days are like that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page