Beginners and Beyond

Be a Millionaire Day Tuesday Penguins (Read 30 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

PAD - That sounds cool.  Good way to get in speedwork Smile

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Jimmy, got your message and sent you an answer.

Jack, I want to do another full but don't want to sign up. I need it to be more spur of the moment type thing. I basically want to train for one without doing a plan. I'm afraid my work schedule will mess things up if I "plan" for one.

Hi everyone else

Our NOBO class is coming to a close, they graduate on May 31. Next Monday I'm doing a 10k plus 5k, not sure how smart that was, but it should be fun. I did 11.25 miles yesterday, and today, I am riding bikes with my wife, DS, and DIL. Then I'll run a few when we get home.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Welcome back, Damaris..Bet you're having fun catching up with work at the office.  Congrats on your latest marathon.

Good luck with the weight loss plans, Jimmy.  I'm shooting to get under 200 lbs myself, right now I'm at 203.

Good luck with the program, HsM.  Glad the knee is behaving.

Awood, I don't work her at all, lol. We go to the Y together but then I have specific weights I do, per my physical therapist, for my specific issues,  and she has specific weights for her program and what she wants to accomplish and her trainer monitors her.  So we are not doing our weights together.  Hey, I'm not crazy...I'm not the most patient person in the world at times - especially when I'm trying to show someone how to do something - so it's better this way, saves potentially getting into an argument...and we both go home happy.   Going together is good, though, because that way we kinda 'monitor' each other and make sure we each do get out the door and go.    Sounds like you are doing okay with your consistency, you are gonna rock your race.

Hope the massage makes you feel better, Jack!  Ever a busy schedule for your!  Good luck to you and family with it all.

Good luck, PAD!

Mitch, you are doing two RACES on Monday?  Good luck with that!   Gee, what kind of crazy person does two races on the same day?  I don't know anyone like that....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Jack!

Don't shout that out in an airport!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - You're hilarious.  I couldn't imagine you being impatient.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Don't shout that out in an airport!

You owe me another keyboard!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Office yoga done to meditation music from YouTube.  This is a good thing.  Now I have a little zen to get me through the commute home!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

We've been on the road too, getting ready for summer.  Saturday we took the camper south, visited REI and had dinner with Jim's kids and grandkids, then set up at Greenbelt Park in MD for the night.  Sunday we headed west to Shenandoah NP for three days of backpacking.  It ended up being 8 miles, 13 miles and 6 miles, then an easy drive home this afternoon to get cleaned up.  The hiking was great - good trails, beautiful weather, spring flowers, wildlife (4 black bears, 4 deer and a peregrine falcon).  Ben, our dog, did great.  Jim had some problems, most notably a fall in a creek where he slammed his rib against a rock, but he had fun too.  There were lots of hikers on the AT and more ticks than I've ever seen.  We pulled at least 100 off us, our gear and the dog.  Ben got a tick/flea bath the minute we got home. Yech!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

If only it were as easy as having a holiday for it... Smile

I ended up taking an URD yesterday due to rain. I could've been hardcore, but I needed a nap! Today's a SRD. With any luck, I'm getting free tickets to Lady Gaga for tonight!

$150 Mega Millions should take care of it.....for several days.... 

Zelanie

Hey pens!  I took an URD yesterday, too.  At the dentist I got a crown and 3 fillings, and both sides of my mouth numbed.  By the time I got home, I wasn't good for a run or much of anything else!

Today was a better day.  I came home and found that my new Saucony Rides were here.  They are ugly as heck, but they felt really good on today's 8 miler.  Lots more cushion for my heel, and maybe less strain on the calves.  I'm thinking of returning the pair on Kinvaras that I got with them for another pair of Rides, but I'll wear these ones a few more times before deciding.

It was an "all new" day- new shoes, new Brooks running skirt, and of course my new shirt from Sunday's race.  I even tried a new brand of gel that doesn't have any fructose.  Good stuff!

obie- Hope you're enjoying the concert!

sapf- Lots of people on the HM trainers group run monthly HMs.  It sounds like you did a good job this weekend judging how you were feeling and running accordingly, so that will help I'm sure.

Jerry- If you win the MegaMillions we're having an all-penguin FE at your new place, right?

Margo- Enjoy the easy run!

PAD- Good luck that the meet!  I volunteered at some last summer when I was injured, and it was a lot of fun.  The highlights included a guy taking a selfie as he was winning the 200m.

Scotty- Glad the Texas weather is back in Texas where it belongs!

D- I say you earned as much rest as you feel like taking!  Sounds like DH has been bitten by the running bug big time!

Jimmy- Good idea on using the challenge to keep you motivated.

HsM- Hooray for C25K!!!!

Jack- We still have until June 18th, ugh!  Nice of life to keep you busy during taper week!

Mitch- You always find great ways to challenge yourself!

Ginny- Sounds like a great hike, except for the ticks.  Yikes!  I used to call Zoe the arachnid queen because she was always getting them, but Advantix does the trick for the light hiking that we do around here.

Awood- Glad to see you racing again!

Bin Running

Quick drop by.. Feeling the rust all over me.. Need to get out of this soon.. That said, I did wake up earlier today to clock 6 easy (on Wed morning)

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar