Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Is good news Doug!

More Karma points (do I lose them for saying that???)  I just made a nice photo album on line for dad and his wife and having it printed and shipped.  I could choose a bunch of the photos from the ones I uploaded and had it made into a hard cover book.  And I took one of the really nice pics and had it printed as an 8X11 for a separate pic that I'll frame for them.  DH says I'm being way too nice.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Doug, have they contacted you?

My throat is sore and achy from all the throwing up, but I was able to eat real food today (and spicy at that), woot!

Do you think alcohol will hurt tonight?  After all, it's the Heat game.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Marjorie, that's a really nice gesture.

Damaris, congrats on the Heat's win!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Yay!

Morning.

Not sure if I'll run but stomach is ready.  Dehydrated and starved still but working on that.

Have a great day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all.  Sitting at home on a 3 day weekend at the moment.  Its good to have a 3 day weekend but at the same time that means no OT pay this week.

Still waiting to hear on the plant visit.

Damaris, sounds good that you're hungry!

Doug, enjoy the 3 day weekend.

I have a lot to do today, need to get my drop box packed and get all my running stuff together for the race tomorrow.  I really don't feel ready for it.  It's a 12 hour trail race on a 3.25 mile loop, but 600' of elevation per loop.  In order to get a medal, you have to do at least 1 loop per hour, or 39 miles.  Heat index should top out near 100 during the afternoon, so hopefully I can get my miles in early, and take it easy during the hottest time and just walk it in.

Docket_Rocket

I meant my body is starved as in not fed for a while.  I'm not really super hungry yet, but getting there.

At least I had watermelon, Gatorade and veggie chips for breakfast, yay.  Don't judge!

Damaris, sounds good that you're hungry!

Doug, enjoy the 3 day weekend.

I have a lot to do today, need to get my drop box packed and get all my running stuff together for the race tomorrow.  I really don't feel ready for it.  It's a 12 hour trail race on a 3.25 mile loop, but 600' of elevation per loop.  In order to get a medal, you have to do at least 1 loop per hour, or 39 miles.  Heat index should top out near 100 during the afternoon, so hopefully I can get my miles in early, and take it easy during the hottest time and just walk it in.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Van.  Have you posted any new race reports on your blog?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris, the watermelon is good for rehydrating.   And hopefully today will be even better for you.

I haven't written any long reports for awhile.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Van - Good luck tomorrow!  It's gonna be a scorcher.

Damaris - Vitamins, antioxidants, fluid, and electrolytes...no judgement here!  Just what the nurse ordered!  *wink*

Doug - Enjoy your weekend!  I'll be spending 3 nights in a row herding cats in a  muggy labor and delivery unit.

Morning to everyone else!

Getting ready to take the kids to the science center this morning. They have a bunch of exhibits and activities based on the books of Dr. Suess, and I want to get them in on that before it ends next week. Then I need to try to nap this afternoon.

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Happy Friday all!

Damaris - Glad you are feeling better.  Why would I judge?  Your breakfast sounds good to me.

Doug - Hope you get the call soon.

Van - Good luck tomorrow!

Marjorie - Sounds like a really nice thing to do for your dad.  I'm sure he will really appreciate it.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey everyone!  Another day is on tap to be busy

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Science center was fun. Lunch at the cafe was good. Time for a nap attempt.

Relentless forward progress

Hope you have a good stretch Pam.

Stay hydrated Marjorie! Smile

Mike, you doing North Country this year?

My wife is heading out of town to KC for the weekend with one of her girlfriends.  She's looking forward to it.  They are going to shop, and drink, and I think they might be going to a show too.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van I don't think I'm dehydrated.....maybe you meant D?

Marjorie