Beginners and Beyond

Finally, FRIDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone!

I'm about to drop and do thirty-five push-ups, after which  I'll head out for a run.

See y'all laterSmile

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning!

Basaya - enjoy your morning run!

I have 5 easy miles planned for after work - looks like the rain is going to miss my area.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

Supp!

It's currently 37 degrees with winds of 5 MPH.  I might actually enjoy this run!

Gustav, enjoy your post-work run.

Rick, I know what you mean. It's 39F here now. It felt balmy. I went bareheaded and gloveless. Scandalous!

Thirty-five push-ups. 4.05 in 38:54.11. 9:37 pace. I'm keeping it light today and taking my weekly complete SRD tomorrow. I'm racing Sunday morninG; the results will help me determine how to train over the upcoming weeks and months.

flarunner

Mornin' Dailyers!

Did a 6 mile progression run this morning.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Jeepofspades

Morning Basya, gustav, LRB, Flarunner!

gonna rest Today, had a great run yesterday followed by some bodyrock workout Smile

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning people!

Its going to be 60° here today! Holy moly! 3 easy on tap after work. 10k race tomorrow morning!

Did 8.2 last night in beautiful low-50's conditions. SRD today.

Good luck tomorrow April!

Dave

delicate flower

Runners, get ready:  IT'S FRIDAY!  "Runners, get ready!"...I miss hearing that.

30 flat miles on the road bike yesterday.  It was a good ride.  I'm not allowed to ride hills yet, so I did an out and back on the flat rail trail.  16.5 mph avg and it took me 1:49.  I haven't exercised that long since my last December run.  My endurance has certainly taken a hit...my avg speed was 17.3 at the halfway point.  A tailwind the first 15 miles and headwind the last 15 miles certainly made an impact.  It's really nice to be back outdoors.  Elliptical and some PT on the schedule today.

Have a great Friday!

<3

Hip Redux

Morning, Basya, LRB, Gustav, flarunner, Jeep, April, Dave, and Phil!

My plan for today is to get out for some sort of activity tonight, who knows what.   More importantly is it's haircut and highlight time.  Gotta stay coiffed and beautiful.

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Rest day for me, my knee is a little cranky from yesterday but I was already planning today as a rest day. I'll do some form of cardio today, just not sure what yet.

April, good luck tomorrow!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I checked in late last night so most of you were sleeping, but I made it to the gym for an easy workout on the elliptical and TM. Just making sure my legs still worked. TWO races this weekend, like Scotty! I'm very excited!!! I just found out tomorrow's race doesn't have a bag check, so that is super weird and annoying!! I should probably not race in my new shoes, right? That I've only worn last night for a very short and easy run on the TM and never outside?

Happy Friday! Good luck weekend racers!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I see that Jeep is back!

I have no internet at home since last night, so I have checked the forums, but not posted as much.  Finished last night with 12.25 and weights total for the day.  Today, it will be a chiro appointment and 5 miles.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

PS, my husband was able to take the days off so the Puerto Rico Marathon is a go.  I have my bib confirmation for Paris this weekend, so I'll sniff a lot on Sunday, ha!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning, Basya, LRB, Gustav, flarunner, Jeep, April, Dave, and Phil!

My plan for today is to get out for some sort of activity tonight, who knows what.   More importantly is it's haircut and highlight time.  Gotta stay coiffed and beautiful.

Make sure to post a new avi photo after the haircut & highlights, anxious to see Oski's new look.

Dave