Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguin Happy Indepedence Day Singapore.. (Read 31 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Aww, go ahead and rest, Cherie. Sit on your back deck in your bikini, enjoy the day.  Joking

Glad your legs are feeling fine, Lauren.  Hope you enjoyed the water running!  I need to start doing that again as x-training.  What do you write?

I'm like you Traci, on my running mornings.  Get up, go run, shower, go to work.  By the time I get to work it's been about 2 - 3 hours since I've been up, and no breakfast yet.  I don't see a problem with it, it doesn't seem to afet afect affet... damn it.... AFFECT me. Joking

Wow, Awood, you're already back from Detroit?  You're speedy!

Nice running for you, Jerry!  No more run/walk, back to fully running now?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Awood: be careful out there. I have tripped on the same things. In my area, pine trees are especially bad on the streets next to the curbs.

Bin: Nice miles and Happy Independence Day. Good luck on your race.

Jerry: Man, I wish I could have a quiet weekend!

Lauren: Progress is nice Smile Foam roller aka torture device.

She Can: Have you started training yet or are you still building a base?

Traci: Like the others, I don't eat before a morning run. If I do, it is maybe a bite or two of a Clif bar or protein bar. I think if you are eating and drinking throughout the week you are fine for a few hours in the morning.

As for me, I'm back at school setting up my room. 6 miles yesterday, 4 tomorrow, and 10 Sunday is the plan. Also, after DD's morning practice I am taking out the boys who ran with me on the tough 13 miler in Mammoth. I want to treat them to a breakfast burrito at our local place. Tomorrow night, DW and I are taking DD and a friend to see One Direction at Staples Center. Yes, I am bringing earplugs!! Smile

Have a nice weekend!

From the Internet.

Thanks guys Smile Cherie, Tracy - totally scared, haha, running is still equal parts joy and terror for me. Joy while I'm out there, and terror when I get home and worry that I won't be able to run again for weeks. Just going to keep taking baby steps in terms of the mileage increases and hope it pays off.

Scotty - science! I do research and when we have enough experiments done, we write it all up and submit it as a paper to peer-reviewed journals. It's stuff that would make most peoples' eyes glaze over, haha. But it's mine and I love doing it Smile

SheCan

She Can: Have you started training yet or are you still building a base?

As for me, I'm back at school setting up my room. 6 miles yesterday, 4 tomorrow, and 10 Sunday is the plan. Also, after DD's morning practice I am taking out the boys who ran with me on the tough 13 miler in Mammoth. I want to treat them to a breakfast burrito at our local place. Tomorrow night, DW and I are taking DD and a friend to see One Direction at Staples Center. Yes, I am bringing earplugs!! Smile

Oh Jack, your questions are going to get me thrown off the forum if I'm not careful!   Big grin  I've noticed in general, that running forums seem to embrace the idea that more is better.  More miles, longer training periods, etc.  Well, for me, the last 3 years I've ran an average of just over 2000 miles...never really feeling the urge to increase it any more.  I figure, that's enough.  I've also read that some coaches do no believe that everyone needs 16 to 20 weeks of training for each marathon, especially if they're a regular runner who puts in fairly decent miles.  I've found that anything over 12 weeks (and 12 weeks is a long time by my standards)  I get way too drained physically and emotionally.  Plus I'm not super competitive, so I don't have to bring super human powers to my races.  So I figure, 8-10 weeks sound be sufficient.  Plus I'm trying to figure out when I can do a trip to my hometown, and I know that will take a chunk out of my training also.  Okay, now y'all know what a poser I am when I come on to a "real" runners website!

Scotty-- Aww, go ahead and rest, Cherie. Sit on your back deck in your bikini, enjoy the day.  Joking   LMAO, this is Cherie not Traci!  I don't even run in just a sports bra.  I'm a coward, remember?

Lauren-- Thanks guys Smile Cherie, Tracy - totally scared, haha, running is still equal parts joy and terror for me. Joy while I'm out there, and terror when I get home and worry that I won't be able to run again for weeks. Just going to keep taking baby steps in terms of the mileage increases and hope it pays off.  

I totally understand.  I'd probably be the same way.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: I'd say you have it under control! Wink where is your hometown?

Docket_Rocket

I'm home and I'm having a martini.  That is all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Cherie, I think you're a real runner! It's important to recognize what works for you and keeps running enjoyable.

D- have you had Cupcake Royale cupcakes? They are from Seattle. Wink

I ran my 6 on the TM and am about to head out to a campground right where the radio just announced a severe Tstorm warning. Unless we hear from FIL that they are abandoning ship. Mia is looking much better and DH will maybe join us with her tomorrow if she is still inproving.

Docket_Rocket

Stop making me wish I was out of here already!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Awood, glad that face is ok. When it come to brawl, my request is: Don't hit my face. Ha

Cherie, I think you are a clever runner. Only you know what works for you.

Traci, I am old school. Breakfast first thing in the morning always. Else, I feel weird like missing something.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

If I run in the morning, I eat a mini bagel with PBJ when I get up.   I have to wait until 9:00 for DW to wake up. Last time I ran before dawn, I tripped over  a curb.

Had a really nice alfresco lunch in the city today and they had the best beer menu ever. Had a 3 Floyds, Zombie Dust.  Yum!!  It's Hopleaf Bar if you are ever in Chitown, correction...Chicago.  Had to take a little walk around the neighborhood and have some yogurt before driving home. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

I cannot run after 7am.  It's too hot.  I cannot fathom running after 9am.

Damaris

Fundraising Page