Beginners and Beyond

Leave the Office Early Day Monday Penguins (Read 26 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You have a holiday today, obiebyke?  Must be nice.

Enjoy the Pilates, Damaris.

Rest up on your rest days, Zelanie and then go to it with your marathon plan.  Good luck with your training!

Jack, that's how I run, lol.   Never know what I'm gong to end up with on a run.  And leave the garmin home a couple of times, just go out and run like a kid, no time pressure, no worrying or caring about how far you went, just run like a kid or a loose dog that got out of the yard...happy happy happy!

I will be right with you, HsM, I will probably work a little late today too to get a couple of projects done.  I will hopefully be home long before 10:30 though!   Have fun at your gig tonite!

Nice of your shins to behave, Lauren!  Good luck with the workout later if you decide to go.

Congrats on your good run, Brilliant.

Uggg, yard work, Margo...so glad I got my lawn mowed on Saturday cuz it rained a bit on Sunday...and then got REALLY hot.  I wish I could figure some way out to "kill" my yard, so I wouldn't have to mow it at all.  I wanted to cement the whole damn thing over and turn it into a huge driveway, but the homeowners association said a big no to that, go figure.    I hate doing yardwork.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

obiebyke

Nope. No holiday for me. I was up at 5.15am. But apparently Leave the Office Early Day is a thing. So says Google. 

You have a holiday today, obiebyke?  Must be nice.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pens.

It is kind of nice NOT to be training for a marathon. I'm about to go out for a run and I have no idea where or how far I'm going. It could be anywhere from four to eight miles and I don't know or care about my route. I am going to start the Garmin and go.  My only problem is that I need to get signed up for some races of the shorter variety. I think seven to ten more days of easy runs should suffice and then it will be time to start on the speed work.

Jerry: Great game last night, right?

Great game, except for the last 1/10 of a second.  Guess I owe you a beer when we FE.  Good luck against the Rangers.

SRD for me and DW.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Progress.  I can stand on two feet without the moon man boot for at least 10 seconds before any pain sets in.  Before I'd just instantly kind of fall over or lift up my left foot in pain.  I completely rested all weekend but have been walking a bit today (with the CAM walker boot).  :-)  I might try going down to the pool tomorrow for a bit and wading around.  I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope. No holiday for me. I was up at 5.15am. But apparently Leave the Office Early Day is a thing. So says Google. 

Well, since you insisted and Google said so, I left the office ar 4:28 instead of 4:30. Be jealous!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Progress.  I can stand on two feet without the moon man boot for at least 10 seconds before any pain sets in.  Before I'd just instantly kind of fall over or lift up my left foot in pain.  I completely rested all weekend but have been walking a bit today (with the CAM walker boot).  :-)  I might try going down to the pool tomorrow for a bit and wading around.  I'll see how I feel in the morning.

yay

Damaris

hog4life

sap, I missed it, what happen to your foot?

Scotty, I would not like living there, temps are too hot.

I got 8 in this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

sap, I missed it, what happen to your foot?

Scotty, I would not like living there, temps are too hot.

I got 8 in this morning.

She twisted and sprained it.

Hope sap is a girl. If not, HE twisted and sprained it.

Damaris