Beginners and Beyond

Stuck in a loop MonDAILIES (Read 59 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Sarah - he enjoys them lot more than when we did this last year and runs entire time. he complained a lot yesterday since it was cold. he's doing it to get rdy for soccer tryouts at school in about a month. Miles with him painfully slow for me, but enjoying experience with him. Getting good recovery miles in though.

Jedi– How is your son enjoying his runs with you?   Nice job on the 14+!! 

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

YAYpril - B-Plus

April - I usually run from my house but sometimes (like today) I drive to Wegmans and run around Hanover Township.

One of my 10-mile loops involves going around Wegmans. Maybe I'll do a Jacksonville Road out-and-back tonight. I just hate crossing Schoenersville at rush hour. The other option I'm thinking about is Broad St.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

first run of 2013 - .25mi on the treadmill at a blistering 12:00!

Question for the recovery peeps:  I know the 10% rule - loosely but would you say that's 10% a week?

I am a Dallas Stars fan, and ironically, a fan of the Winged Wheel as well.    Big grin

How can that be? There is quite some history there, you know...

Dave

delicate flower

HOORAY progress!  Cool

Hola enchilada, pueblos!  Well the weekend dailies again depressed me a little, seeing all the great runs and races.  I'm happy for everyone but I am getting a little itchy here.  I'm healing though.  My knee is starting to feel better.  I've got this week off from work again....my third week.  Maybe I could have have gone in, but there is no real need for me to push it.  Doc says take it off, so I take it off.  Werd.

Well I've got some movie watching to get to.  Have a great Monday!

<3

Pinktastic

How can that be? There is quite some history there, you know...

I know, right?    Completely illogical, but it's true.   When they play each other, I root for the Stars to win and a good game from both teams.   When they play other teams, I root for both teams to beat their opponents.   If they weren't in the same conference, Stars and Wings would be my ideal Stanley Cup scenario - then I'd win either way!!    Cool

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

DCDan78

Quick check-in now and hopefully will have a bit more time later today.  3 miles and strength is on the docket for today.  Cold and windy here, so I'm back and forth on whether to do it indoors or out.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hoping for 4 miles tonight, though it is going to be a great 58 degrees, the chance of T-showers/Rain is 40% and wind speed of 22 mph so fun fun. I am  going to try and run a loop at the Nature Center so maybe the trees will give me some shelter.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Question for the recovery peeps:  I know the 10% rule - loosely but would you say that's 10% a week?

Congrats!  I remember my first run back, it was a 1 mile trot on the treadmill and I was so happy!

I was off for 7 weeks and did not really follow the 10% rule, I just did what I thought was best for me.

My first week back I ran single digit miles (9), I ran in the teens in my second week (15), in the twenties my third week back (24), then 30 miles my fourth week back, which I held steady at for a month.

Those were all easy miles, nothing fast or super long. I waited until week six before I started doing strides.

It has been around nine weeks since my return, and I am now running 40 miles a week.

There are others here who can speak to your question directly.  Welcome back!

outoftheblue

Leg's are feeling almost normal today, but racing on loose gravel trails challenged certain muscles more than usual.  Taking a second SRD just to be safe.

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Regular work day for me too.  Just came back from a 4-day weekend though, so guess I had my 'holidays'.  Gail and I wen to the Y yesterday afternoon.  Beautiful day, 68 degrees, sunny, low humidity, but very windy.  Gail did a Tai-Chi class while I went out and explored the neighborhood across from the Y, which I had never been in.  I ended up with 3.8 miles and found out that neighborhood is VERY hilly, so I got quite a hill workout.  Today is a rest day.  Nice day today too, heading for 78 degrees today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the loss of sleep, Step, but thanks for starting us off.  I am on central time too.   Way to go on getting your miles done already.   Glad all that wildlife you saw was not in the mood for 'breakfast" as you came along. Wink

Getting sick is not allowed Luke! Hope you feel better soon!

Enjoy the SRD, Sparker!

Happy mother-daughter day, Kay!  Did Sis rub it in that her brother had to go to school? Joking

Frigid temp of 40, lol, flarunner, I can relate. Enjoy those cooler temps.

Schnauzer, gotta do what you think is right for your running.  Whichever race you decide to do, good luck with your training.  Wishing you and yours condolences, comfort, and peace, in this time after losing your Dad.

Good luck with the weights later, Basya.  So someone else besides me is working today!

Just B.S.,  you and DH  are always welcome to come to San Antonio for a get-away weekend if you don't mind cats and a very small guest room.   The trick here is just don't stay in the room very long, lol, get out and do stuff!  Then by the end of the day you are so worn out, you won't notice the tiny-ness of the room, you just want to sleep.  Big grin  BTW, 78 degrees today and sunny.

Congrats on your run, Jedi.  Have fun with your run tonite with your DS.

Wow, LRB, that works for your ass?  I've been doing that for years, and my ass seems to have just gotten bigger!

Happy rest day, Robert.  I'm sure you will be just right for your 10K.

Congrats on the yoga, Dave.  I probably should do some of that too, I am very inflexible.  What'S Strava?

Windchill of 3, sheesh!  See my note, April, to Just B.S.   I'll be glad to introduce you to some new routes. We can chase deer.  Joking   I lvoe to go "exploring" when I run; I often go down a road or trail I've never been on before.  I never plan my running time or distance, lol, I just get out there and go and see  where I wind up.  Sometimes that makes me end up having an "adventure"  along the way, but that's okay too.  Good luck with your miles tonite and hope it warms up at least a little for you!

49, Damaris?  In MIAMI?  Crazy!  Hope you enjoyed the massage!

Good luck with your TM run, Bruce.

You got out at 3:15 in the AM, Pinktastic?  Don't like to sleep much?  Wink  Congrats on you early miles!

Happy recovery miles, Fuzzy.

4:45 in the morning?  Dang, Amik, are you related to Pinktastic? Joking  Congrats on your miles and good luck with your appointment.

Congrats on your first run of 2013, MBC!  As for recovery percentage:  it's not written in stone, and a lot depends on what you are recovering from, how you feel now as you start back, etc.  You may want to do 10% or you may want to do maybe less than that, depending on how you are feeling at the end of each week.  I would suggest you check with your doc who maybe can refer you to a good PT who can help you with a comeback program designed for you personally to fit whatever you are specifically coming back from.    I guess I am very lucky being active military first and now retired military, for my several comebacks (4 knee surgeries, foot surgery, hernia surgery and other stuff) over my nearly 30 years of running, I had, and have, access to good PT's who always set a come-back regimen and time-table plan for me, which was very helpful.  Good luck!

Glad your knee is feeling a little better, Phil!  Patience, patience, patience. Not a virtue we runners have a lot of, lol.

Good luck with the 3 miles, Dan!   Are you in the DC area?  I grew up in Falls Church.

Good luck with your run, FreeSoul. Hope the weather cooperates for you.

Hope the SRD helps, outoftheblue.  Running on gravel kinda reminds me of running on loose sand, really tough on the legs,  calves especially, in my case.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ran 6.46 miles at recovery pace. I'll probably get some more easy miles in this evening.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Congrats on the yoga, Dave.  I probably should do some of that too, I am very inflexible.  What'S Strava?

Strava is one of the many websites/smartphone apps for logging training. Some people in my company use it & started a group, but they are pretty much all bikers. Started using it with my iPhone app which uploads it directly to their website, but got a Garmin a couple months ago & of course can upload that anywhere. Decided to move my data to RA & start finally using that training log, instead of just loitering around the forums.

Dave

runmomto3boys

Recovery run tonight.  My coach, who I haven't even hired yet (using him in May, for Fall races), is SO freaking incredible!  He e-mailed me just to ask about last week's runs / paces and gave me some great advice/feedback: we went back and forth a bunch this morning.  How awesome is that????  Anyway, the long and short of it is I need to make sure I'm recovering enough and that means not running > 50% of my miles at medium/hard effort and I'm not doing that.  I will be slowing everything down this week.  Pfitz has this week as a recovery week anyway, it seems: two general aerobic runs, 3 recovery runs, 1 MLR and 1 LR.  By the way, if any of you guys are interested in a coach, I highly, highly recommend him.  He is THE nicest guy I've ever met too.