Beginners and Beyond

Banana Molesters! *vent* (Read 106 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Given a cluster of 7 or 8 bananas and a multiple selection of 1s, 2s and 3s that *all* are equally ripe.

You Rat Bastards have to split the cluster for your 2 bananas. Relegating me to grab multiple small groups to make my 8...

May you be constipated for Three Weeks!   turd burglars!

Were they equally unblemished?  I hate a bruised banana.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I buy em green and wait.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

RSX

I go for 4 green, and 4 ripe for the two of us. Repeat next time we go for the small order

From the Internet.

I buy em green and wait.

I buy 'em green and eat them when they're still half-green. Nothing worse than a mushy, sugary banana - those are only useful for baking.

I'm the opposite of the rude banana-splitters, I purposely take them in 2s and 3s so I can get the perfect combination of unblemished bananas.

Hip Redux

Mushy bananas make me gag.

LRB

I buy a bunch of ever so slightly green green bananas, then two or three ripe ones to eat for the next day or two while the others mature.  Also, a banana would have to be in pretty bad shape before I would not eat it.  I usually put them in the fridge when they start to spot, but brown on the outside does not necessarily mean it is brown on the inside.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I like that strategy.  You know your food though.  I should have expected that.

I buy a bunch of ever so slightly green green bananas, then two or three ripe ones to eat for the next day or two while the others mature.  Also, a banana would have to be in pretty bad shape before I would not eat it.  I usually put them in the fridge when they start to spot, but brown on the outside does not necessarily mean it is brown on the inside.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

LRB

I like that strategy.  You know your food though.  I should have expected that.

I cannot wait to get back to running full time so I can eat like a Boar!  lol

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

LOL...I hear ya.  I'm trying to not jump right back into training post-marathon.  It's driving me nuts, and I'm afraid to look at a scale.  Don't get me wrong, I'm watching what I eat throughout the week.  It's just that I don't want to undo all of the hard work I've put in.

I cannot wait to get back to running full time so I can eat like a Boar!  lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

LRB

Right, and I am only talking an additional 400 - 500 calories or so.  I stay pretty disciplined whether running or not but eat a bit more pasta, rice, potatoes or bread when I am running.

outoftheblue

Guilty as charged.  I'm a total splitter.  I take two that are ready to eat now from one bunch, and two that will be ready to eat in a couple of days from another.

Life is good.

Zelanie

Guilty as charged.  I'm a total splitter.  I take two that are ready to eat now from one bunch, and two that will be ready to eat in a couple of days from another.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I grab bunches of 5-6, so the uncouth folks who split 2 off of 7 or 8 are actually helping.

Probably the same folks who block up the entire yogurt display with their full sized cart and supersized ass while they hem and haw over which 2 nonfat Dannons to pick.  I want to be in and out of that aisle in a flash with an armload of greek yogurt and barely even look at the flavors, fucking MOVE!

I grab bunches of 5-6, so the uncouth folks who split 2 off of 7 or 8 are actually helping.

Probably the same folks who block up the entire yogurt display with their full sized cart and supersized ass while they hem and haw over which 2 nonfat Dannons to pick.  I want to be in and out of that aisle in a flash with an armload of greek yogurt and barely even look at the flavors, fucking MOVE!

Sorry.  If the stockers would actually put the yogurt where it belongs on the shelf it would be faster.  Instead, they pull 12 cartons of full fat cherry to the front and I have to dig behind them to find anything decent.

Not that this is a pet peeve of mine or anything...