Beginners and Beyond

SUN ... SUN ... SUNDAILIES! (Read 43 times)

Zelanie

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!  First half done in 1:56:00.  I beat the goal I had for myself when I originally started my training plan, but just missed my "revised" goal based on last month's race.  Today was hard work.  Splits are ugly, too.  But it's done!

I think the family is celebrating at my MIL's house, so RR and more info later.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congrats, Z! Being only a minute shy of your goal on your first  HM is pretty freaking awesome. You should be proud. Smile

Mitch, have a pleasant recovery run.

Rondog65, amazing eleven-miler.

Marjorie, sanity is overrated.

scottydawg, beautiful photos.

Zelanie, congratulations on your first (and sub-2:00:00) HM!!!

Ugh. Someone just tried cajoling me into participating in the ROFEH Walkathon. Nevermind that I'm donating. I explained that Sunday is the only day on which I can guarantee a big-enough chunk of time to do my long run.

Neighbor: "Oh, just run another day that weekSmile"

Me: "Really. Do YOU have three hours to take care of my grocery shopping, clean my apartment, do my laundry, and visit my parents?"

Neighbor: "Oh, I didn't think of that."

My neighbor has a wonderfully biting sense of humor, so no offense was taken.

I rescheduled my LR to a weekday (and a TM, which I hate using for anything but speed and hill work). It was a colossal pain in the @$$. I almost appeared at work out of breath. I don't like greeting my kids as a frazzled mess. They spend a good chuck of their awake time with me. They're cool people. They deserve better than that.

LRB

Put in 11 miles today at a slow pace.  I could feel my legs being heavy after yesterday’s 7 miles at a quick pace.  I normally don’t do back to back runs like this as I am very conservative in my training.  However it was good to challenge myself and I feel good.

Excellent!  If you run easy for the next couple of days, you will find your legs super-charged and ready to go mid-week.  Consider doing something similar again, it's a big but necessary step in your personal development as a runner.

Zelanie

Haven't left yet, so I'll post my splits.  They are pretty revealing...

1- 8:47

2- 8:49

3- 8:41

4- 8:45

5- 8:53

6- 8:34

7- 8:37

8- 9:07 (whole mile was uphill)

9- 8:42

10- 8:53

11- 9:01

12- 9:21

13- 9:22

0.7- 8:13 pace

All of mile eight was uphill?!?!? Damn.

Zelanie

It wasn't steep.  It just kept going on forever, though.

Hip Redux

Great job, Zelanie!

So I did some shopping while waiting for my friend... and bought some running clothes. Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Fantastic job Zelanie!!! Sub 2:00, amazing! Your splits are NOT that bad!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Haven't left yet, so I'll post my splits.  They are pretty revealing...

1- 8:47

2- 8:49

3- 8:41

4- 8:45

5- 8:53

6- 8:34

7- 8:37

8- 9:07 (whole mile was uphill)

9- 8:42

10- 8:53

11- 9:01

12- 9:21

13- 9:22

0.7- 8:13 pace

You ran your ass off girl!  Don't think any other thought!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well done Scotty and Zelanie.

Marjorie

Great job Zelanie! Sub-2 on your first half by a comfortable margin! I am jealous, mine was 2:01....

Dave

BruceD555

Well, the snow melted off pretty quickly because the morning temps warmed enough to turn everything to rain. Then, for some strange reason around noon the skies partly cleared and this big yellow object appeared in the sky. I'm not quite sure what it was but it seemed to bring cheer and warmth.

I think the only reason the sky cleared was because of the 30 mph winds that blew every cloud out of the state. Anyway, the temp jumped up to 44 so I hit the road with shorts, a tee shirt & arm warmers for my 17 miles. Ticked them off at a 7:56 average pace ... well faster than I should have but I don't really do well with tapering. .

Nice job to the racers & I'll be back for personals after I get something to eat. Later folks.

Train smart ... race smarter.

B-Plus

Zelanie - Wonderful story, and what an awesome time in your race!

Basya - Great run!

URD for me. My big toe was feeling a bit messed up after yesterday's run but is feeling better today. For the most part, it feels fine, but for some steps I can still feel some tightness/soreness. I wonder if it's from running or from dropping something on it the other day.