Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 34 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I have a 530 am flight so I'm at the gate waiting.  Got to airport at 4 am. No run. I have enough running stuff packed if I feel up to running this evening after training starts. Doubt it but we will see.

Marjorie

Where u headed?

MTA: n/m, the plane is in the air right now, she is not going to respond. Brain not working yet. Go run now.

Dave

LRB

'Sup!

I actually slept in for once thanks to my decision to take an off day from the pavement.

I do have a massage on the agenda at 1:45.  Yeah, that's gonna hurt!

6 miles.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dave Tampa until Monday afternoon then Memphis and Nashville through Thursday.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Safe trip, Marjorie.  Hope you have your rain gear for TN, it has been getting some really wet and wild weather lately.

Enjoy the massage, LRB.  It hurts so good.

Happy Friday Dave!

Rest day for me.  Gail and I are going tonight to Boerne (about 30 min from San Antonio) for her friend's birthday party.  Tomorrow morning I have "Dog Days of Summer" 5K and then  tomorrow night Gail and I are attending the Junior Achievement of South Texas Western Gala auction.  Gail has her own business so is well known in the community and gets invited to a lot of stuff. I tag along for the food and beer.

We had quite a thunder-and-light show early this morning around 2 a.m. or so.   Parts of Texas last night were even under a tornado warning, there was some really bad weather up in the Northern parts of Texas, hail, rain, etc.   It was very icky-sticky hot too yesterday evening, felt like being in a really really really hot hothouse.    We badly need the rain and it is appreciated but it really got kinda crazy last night and all our power got knocked out for a while, which made it even hotter.   This morning, however, the air is nice and fresh, I guess the storm brought in some cooler weather, and our high temp today will only go to 91, which is lower than it has been for a few weeks.  Enjoying it while it lasts.

And the San Antonio Spurs managed to beat the Heat yet again!  When I checked the score at the start of the 4th quarter last night, it was Spurs 81, Miami Heat 57....yowza!   I think Miami decided to take a day off!      Go Spurs Go!  They lead the NBA series 3-1 know, looking good so far for another championship.  Next game is at home here and if the Spurs win and clinch the title I am staying home where it's safe cuz the last 4 times the Spurs won the championship, the streets get CRAZY around here.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Where u headed?

Camping. Leaving in 1.5 hrs. No running for me today!

- Andrew

Zelanie

6 easy for me tonight.  DD's last day of school, finally.  We still have another week in my district.

Marjorie- Hope you have a good trip!

DaveP- Nice 6!

LRB- Enjoy the extra rest!

Brr- Have fun with your manly man weekend.

Scotty- Sounds like a fun weekend.  I have a lot of respect for the Spurs.  I used to really hate them because of how they always knocked my favorite teams out of the playoffs.  And Timmy is a bit of a whiner when he gets fouls called on him, and Ginobili is a flopper.  But they've been so good, and so consistent, for so long that they are finally earning my respect.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Decided to go hit the All Comers track meet last night.

Was feeling a bit tired from the mornings 10 miler, but managed to put a 2:21 - 800 up. A bit slower than possible but happy considering and it was good pacing practice: 1:15 at the 400.

DD (7) put up a PB in the 400 - 1:29.63

I think Ill aim for an impromptu 5k Sat. Plenty of them around.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian and I ran with Jumpstart last night, 1.8 miles then DH and I took Dorian to the indoor pool we've got here in Evansville for his first time in water deeper than 6 inches. He loved it Smile Of course after the first 15 minutes of us holding him and carrying him through the water, he was wanting to be let go and do it himself..... I swear sometimes I think that boy is way too independent for his own good . The most shallow part was 2 ft deep so he hung on to the side of the kiddie pool and ran/charged through the water for the last 15-20 minutes before we left. I feel so anxious though, so scared that he might drown and inhale water if he went under Sad

I've got a race tonight, Howl at the Moon 10k on the Angel Mounds trails. I am excited Smile I am pretty confident that I know those trails at night better than anyone around here, and I've seen the course already.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Sly - You do quite the variety of training and racing. I wish we had all comers meets around here, but it seems that you need to be fast to participate.

8 later.

Ric-G

5 miles this morning...off of work today but going to the airport for a pick up....have a great Friday everyone

scotty  - that post championship revelry can be something...behave yourself 

marathon pr - 3:16

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

6.5 miles with some strides this morning, 8:25 pace or something. Now we're off to breakfast and then San Diego to pick up DS from university. Ah, nothing like sitting in Friday traffic all day.

Today is our 22nd anniversary but we did not get windows for the house. We will probably watch the Kings game and have a beer.

Have fun.

Today is our 22nd anniversary but we did not get windows for the house. We will probably watch the Kings game and have a beer.

Of course not -- the 20th is the window anniversary, the 22nd I believe is the water heater anniversary.

Dave