Beginners and Beyond

It's hot in Texas...but San Antonio Spurs beat the Heat! (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It is CRAZY right now in downtown San Antonio after Spurs beat the Heat in game 5 tonite to win the NBA championship.  Not only downtown but in just about every subdivision too.  Lots of my neighbors out in the street whooping it up, etc, can hear fireworks going off in some places (probably not too smart with the drought we have going on),  Academy Sports (the local vendor for Spurs championship gear) has crazy long lines of people around it waiting to get in the store even at this hour.  Some people have been waiting in line since 5 PM - that is a lot of faith on the fans part that the Spurs WERE going to win tonite.  I went out to chat with my neighbors for a bit but am now back in front of my TV watching the after-game reports.  Five time NBA champions.

One HAPPY Texas city right now.  Yeah, baby!  Go Spurs Go!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Indeed!!   And sooooooo glad they did!  I'm nostalgic in every sense of the word and the spurs play a kind of basketball that takes me back!

On top of that, they're just a class act.  I don't remember any of the current cast members holding an event for any of their arrivals into Pop's team.  

Congrats to the Spurs!

Congrats to every team member who worked so hard to get back!!

Randy

Half Crazy K 2.0

If you have to go in to work today, be prepared for a somber day. The first time the Ravens won the Superbowl I was out of town. This last time, let's just say every workplace in the city was hung over. I was expecting lots of excitement, and secretly dreading it because I was hung over, instead it was one of the most peaceful work days ever.