Beginners and Beyond

364 shopping days until Christmas DAILIES (Read 43 times)

delicate flower

The post-Christmas dailies are here! 

<3

delicate flower

Good morning and wake up now!  Time to start working off those sugar and alcohol hangovers.  DW and I had a fun day of skiing yesterday and I managed to not break a knee.  I am still thawing out though.  Holy cold!

Back to work today with a haircut and run planned after work.

Speak up!

<3

happylily

Skiing on Christmas day sounds like fun! Have a good day at work, Baboon!

4 recovery miles later today. Daycare is open, but no one came, so a paid day off for me. Lots of cleaning is the plan.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I was awake!  I'm at work!

6 recovery miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Time to start working off those sugar and alcohol hangovers. 

Surprisingly, that has not been a problem for me this season, what has been though is THE DAMN SNOW!

My intent was to get 6 brisk miles in with strides this morning but when I went out to assess the air temps, there was a half foot of the stuff on the ground!  I guess Jack Frost said it's Christmas somewhere and just shitted all over the place!

As it is, I got 5 miles in on the belt that were actually pretty entertaining.  I would have done more but I had SHOVEL THE SNOW OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY WHICH PUT ME BEHIND!  Rah!

Carry on peeps. 

10 miles on the hotel treadmill before everyone got up. Did a progressiony kind of thing, from 9:13 down to 8:00.

Then popped over to the French bakery down the street, yum. Brought back some stuff for the kids who couldn't be bothered to get their asses out of bed. DAMMIT! I just knocked over my coffee. 

Dave

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Back to work........BLEH!!!!  As everyone else in my house sleeps in!  

What's worse is there ain't much gonna get done today at work anyway.  These next 2 days are a joke after a holiday like this.  Aside from in-house work, nearly everyone we deal with at work is closed down except the mailman & the UPS man who probably won't have much to bring us anyway unless it's late Christmas stuff.

Grrrrrrrr!!!

Randy

StepbyStep-SH

Slept in this morning, but after two days of no running, I really need to get on the TM today - there's this marathon thing I need to run a month from now.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Lazing around opening more gifts and enjoying my birthday Smile

Seeing the Hobbit with the family this afternoon as per our tradition of a movie of my choice on

my birthday. Love family time more than anything. Smile

Hip Redux

Lazing around opening more gifts and enjoying my birthday Smile

Seeing the Hobbit with the family this afternoon as per our tradition of a movie of my choice on

my birthday. Love family time more than anything. Smile

Happy birthday!  Did you get power back too?

StepbyStep-SH

Happy birthday, Beth! It makes me smile to see how happy you are to have your boys home!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Beth!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Happy birthday!  Did you get power back too?

Yes thank God!! Late Christmas Eve after 36 hours without. We packed our van full of our Christmas gifts,

food, gifts to deliver and clothing/personal items for several days to ours sons apartment in the city. We

got a call from a neighbour late Christmas Eve telling us the power was back and hubby insisted on schelping

it all back to have Christmas at home.

I am glad we did. Smile

Still thousands without and my BIL has been working for 3 days straight with the crews trying to restore

everyone. Those guys don't get enough credit. Smile  They did have one lady come out to their truck yesterday

with hot turkey dinners for their crew of 4.

Just B.S.

Happy birthday, Beth! It makes me smile to see how happy you are to have your boys home!

Thanks Shari. Crazy happy. No power and no Christmas dinner wouldn't have mattered a bit as long as

we are together.

Two peopled died on the highway in the huge pile up we passed driving son home through the freezing

rain on Dec 23rd. Those things put life into true perspective about what is really important.

From the Internet.

Good morning! Copy/pasting from the penguin thread, forgive my laziness :P

Preparing to enjoy my first real day off this week. Cleaning, 2ish miles on the treadmill at the gym once coffee and breakfast have settled, thinking about making meatballs and a vat of sauce this afternoon. Christmas with my family yesterday was fun. My DD had a hard time keeping her mouth shut about other people's gifts, which was too cute and hilarious... "If you ruin the surprise it's no fun. This is for you, it's headphones! ... We were going to get you a cookie jar and dog treats for your puppy so we did! Don't worry, I won't tell the dog."