Beginners and Beyond

What are you doing this Thanksgiving Day ('cause srl wanted more threads) (Read 229 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Yeah, no cardio at all.  I've been doing a lot of, um, strolling? around the dog park with my overactive dog.  And I'm headed out to do that again right now.  Hopefully the nice day and warm air will clear my head a bit.

I like this place already.  Approve  Hi Lori!

Hi Mandy!!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Cooking with my brother. No turkey. Salmon is the tradition as his house is veggie.

~Andrea

Karen M

5K in Keizer, OR, this morning - 27:20ish (forgot to stop my watch, and thinking that's what I remember from the clock). Goal to get under 30 minutes. Started mid-pack, but was only passed at the end by 2 high schoolers, I did a lot of slow passing on the run.  Smile Finishing emails and computer updates, then getting dinner ready. We're vegetarian, so it's always something different for Thanksgiving. Especially this year, since my oven is not working!

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

not lazy, just tired

I ran an untimed Thanksgiving 5K this morning. They did have a clock at the finish and according to that I did it in just under 30 minutes, but my Garmin (which I started late, but not that late) had me doing 2.81 miles so I'm not convince that the 5K was actually 5K. I did discover that skiing the day before a hilly 5K isn't really a good mix.

Have been spending the rest of the day relaxing, walking the dog, using my computer. Later we're going to dinner at my favorite restaurant. No cooking, no cleaning up after - I'm in heaven.

Not if it makes sense.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I kinda like quiet, SRL.  Better than what the BF has become recently.

Heading off to grandpa's soon for some food!

Running is dumb.

LRB

Been dealing with a groin thing on and off since May.  I'm not running again until 2013.  This is rest day #18.  Not that I'm counting or anything.

There is no place like...um, my second home.  Wink

Same here, day # 25.  I am cool wit it doe, 2012 was a breakout year for me.

Went to my parents house and hung out there.  Surprisingly my mom wanted to walk after dinner so we had a nice 3.5 mile walk, just the two of us.  Very much enjoyed that.

Chasing the bus

Ran 5 slow miles at -3F., ate some turkey, working the 6PM to 6AM shift at 71 deg. N. latitude. (I'll be here on the forum pretty much all night).

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                  Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Since I'm doing the Holiday Running Streak here, I went out and did 3.25 around the neighborhood, think I got stuck by every traffic light in the city.

Coastal

Since I'm doing weight watchers maintenance plan, I did an 8 mile run.  That was 18 activity points, plus the points from the ten the day before meant I could actually stay within my daily limit.

Then i cooked.