Beginners and Beyond

An excellent reason to read labels on what you eat/drink (Read 609 times)

Docket_Rocket

It is not, pfffftttt.

That's just nonsense. The acceptable answer is that Dunkin is much more delicious.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

That's just nonsense. The acceptable answer is that Dunkin is much more delicious.

False!  KK is better.  Hello!  Hot Light, anyone?  Sheesh!

Do you even run?

MrNamtor

Interesting, though I fail to see how pushing someone down is in anyway related to vitamin water.

But you do see how the fact that a victim might have the capacity to prevent being a victim does not make a wrong-doing a non-wrong-doing.

And you have a hell of a long memory my friend. I'm going to be very careful with you. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Exactly!

False!  KK is better.  Hello!  Hot Light, anyone?  Sheesh!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bingo_jenn

I always thought DD was better...then I ate a hot KK.  That changed my mind forever.

@runjerseygirl

I always thought DD was better...then I ate a hot KK.  That changed my mind forever.

See?  THIS is what I'm saying.  Amy, I challenge you to eat a hot KK doughnut and tell me that DnD is still better.

Do you even run?

See?  THIS is what I'm saying.  Amy, I challenge you to eat a hot KK doughnut and tell me that DnD is still better.

I have had a hot one. It was too sweet for me.

@runjerseygirl

I have had a hot one. It was too sweet for me.

LIES!  OMG, we cannot be friends! Cry

Do you even run?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I don't agree with the lawsuit, but it does drive me nuts when someone is new to fitness and they think they need a giant Gatorade after a 30 minute workout because, "It was hot".  One 12 oz bottle of Gatorade will replace all if not more calories than they burned during their workout.  Then, they get frustrated and quit working out because they don't lose any weight.

Even here in the beginners forums, most of us have been around long enough to know the pitfalls.  We owe it to our friends and family to find a way to tip them off, without being preachy about it.  I have a tendency to say things like, "I used to love that stuff, but I'm trying to watch my weight.  I just can't burn off enough calories to fit that stuff into my diet.  Sometimes I'll just grab a Powerade Zero, but usually just water will do."

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

cmb4314

Why do we have to pick one kind of donut?  I am an equal opportunity donut eater Big grin

That said, we don't have DD here, and I don't know of any KK stores either.  So I get supermarket donuts (which are actually quite good) when I do have one.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Docket_Rocket

My supermarket carries fresh KK donuts.  Just saying.

Why do we have to pick one kind of donut?  I am an equal opportunity donut eater Big grin

That said, we don't have DD here, and I don't know of any KK stores either.  So I get supermarket donuts (which are actually quite good) when I do have one.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I bought a house on KK stock years ago.  So, thank you!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I love sugar.

Why can't they just leave sugar alone

I am tired of all these attacks on sugar.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

LRB

I love sugar.

When I gave up splenda, I accepted the fact that my coffee would have 60 calories for three lumps of the real deal.  Reasoning I burn 60 calories while sitting drinking it!  Big grin

MrNamtor

I love sugar.

Do you drink vitamin water?