Beginners and Beyond

Who's racing this weekend? (Read 64 times)

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Trying to find a 5K on Sunday to do...there's a couple I'm eyeballing, but not sure which one to do yet.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Knocking out a 5 mile race tomorrow.  It's a big one - about 4k runners.  I'd like to go under 30:30, but now they're predicting high winds and 1-3" of fresh snow, so I guess I'll just race accordingly.  As long as I can finish in the top 100 and not hurt myself I'll be happy enough.

Good luck everyone!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Knocking out a 5 mile race tomorrow.  It's a big one - about 4k runners.  I'd like to go under 30:30, but now they're predicting high winds and 1-3" of fresh snow, so I guess I'll just race accordingly.  As long as I can finish in the top 100 and not hurt myself I'll be happy enough.

Good luck everyone!

Always a good race goal!

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Trying to find a 5K on Sunday to do...there's a couple I'm eyeballing, but not sure which one to do yet.

I wanted to do the West End St. Patrick's Day race, but by the time I thought about it, it was already sold out. Next year for sure!

Good luck to everyone racing! Smile

BruceD555

I have a 10k on the schedule for tomorrow as a tune-up race (and evaluate training thus far). However, like SIAR, it's supposed to be a wintry mix overnight and will be running on roads that may or may not be cleared by race time. So, I'll just plan accordingly and run to avoid injury based on the race time conditions.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

I am doing the LA Marathon on Sunday.

Good luck, everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I wanted to do the West End St. Patrick's Day race, but by the time I thought about it, it was already sold out. Next year for sure!

Good luck to everyone racing! Smile

Same here.  I don't really recall seeing anything promoting it.  Oh, well.

Rungry!

I am running the Wine Country Run HM on Sunday in Paso Robles, CA. It will be my first out-of-town race and am a bit nervous to be away from my home turf. Weather should be just right - a sunny 45ish degrees. My goal is to finish in-or-around 2:25 (my first HM time), then plenty of wine tasting afterwards. Yummy!

Jen

bobruns

Nothing for me this weekend.  Making corned beef and cabbage for the Irish husband though.  1st time I have in our 26 yrs of marriage.  He is so excited.

Godd luck out there everyone and HAVE FUN!!

I am running the Wine Country Run HM on Sunday in Paso Robles, CA. It will be my first out-of-town race and am a bit nervous to be away from my home turf. Weather should be just right - a sunny 45ish degrees. My goal is to finish in-or-around 2:25 (my first HM time), then plenty of wine tasting afterwards. Yummy!

I have been to Paso Robles, a very cool little town. Good luck!

Dave

Not quite right

Right on!  Good luck man.  You wearing a costume?  I just checked the hourly weather report...looks like the running gods will be smiling upon us.  The wind could factor in depending on which direction...hopefully its at our back for the homestretch.

I would agree about the wind would prefer the push for second half of race as apposed to fighting it back.  No costume but will be in green. Think my DW and her sisters and daughter will have some festive stuff on though.

B-Plus

I'm racing a 5k tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Always a good race goal!

It'd be so nice not to constantly have that fear.  I hate being injury prone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

BruceD555

It'd be so nice not to constantly have that fear.  I hate being injury prone.

That affects those of us who aren't injury prone as well. I like to spread my taper madness throughout the whole training process ... thinly at the start of a training cycle and increasing steadily until reaching full blown neurosis in the final 7-10 days before the marathon.

Train smart ... race smarter.

slowrunningjulie

Shamrock marathon on Virginia Beach. I am excited!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon