Beginners and Beyond

The Morning DAILIES: Part of a complete breakfast (Read 38 times)

LRB

Yo baby, yo baby, yo!

I was not really sure what was going on when I woke up this morning as it was dark as heck outside, but it turned out it is raining pretty good.

I have an hour of red cord today which I have re-upped for four more sessions this month.  I will reevaluate where I am at the end of it but there is no mistaking my core muscles are getting stronger and more importantly my single leg balance is much improved.

I also have an appointment with the time card this morning which has me feeling some type of way.  lol

What about you, are you off from work or running or both?

Cyberic

Last week of work before the big European vacation!

Easy run today, recovery Monday after long run Sunday.

Good morning.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy core work.

Cyberic99, have a pleasant recovery run.

4.50 slow miles in 45:00 (10:00) done on the TM. After work, I'll do either 9.0 or weights+push-ups+abs+cardio.

happylily

Morning, Mr LRB! We have some rain here too. Enjoy the red cord session. Sounds kinky. :-)

Morning, Cyber! How's the wife with her new tubes? I hope it went smoothly for her. Don't forget to keep running once in Spain. or the glutes will get you! :-)

15 miles tonight, because I have to do some switching around due to obligations.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

After only 3-4 hrs of sleep last night, woke up this morning to thunderstorms. Wanted to go back to sleep, but dragged myself out of bed instead & did 7 on the treadmill. And of course now the rain has let up.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

happylily

Basya! Where have you been? Which reminds me: I forgot to say I have 200 sit-ups to do and 30-40 minutes of arm exercises, Basya is my inspiration. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

*rubs eyes*

Hey.  Monday.  Monday after a four day weekend is rough, yo.  At least I get to sit on my butt all day today...well, until my post-work run, anyway.  Got 8-10 miles planned.  Time to start cranking the miles back up.

I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have been at the office for an hour and I already want to go home.  Ha.  SRD, or XT, or some recovery run.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! I was away for a family reunion over the long weekend. I did run twice (Thursday and Friday): once around a beautiful park in Sioux Falls, SD, and the other time from our hotel in town to my grandparents' house out in the country. That second one was straight into 20-25 mph winds - that's a workout.

I did skip one run over the weekend in favor of sleeping in, so now I've got to get back to it. 5.33 miles this morning with the group, though I was supposed to do 8. I'll make up the missing miles and add extra by running on tomorrow's SRD. And martial arts tonight will count as my core workout, since we almost always at least do crunches and pushups, if not several other core training exercises.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! It's the first day of my 14 week HM training. It's also my first workout doing Daniel's Rep pace, which is faster than intervals. I did four sets of 200,200,400 with the same distance in recovery.

Sets were:
                      48, 46, 1:34
                      49, 49, 1:38
                      50, 47, 1:39
                      50, 49, 1:37

Not bad considering I was going for 48 on the 200s and 1:38 on the 400s. Total run this morning was 6.5 miles in 53 minutes. I also started a 30 day planking challenge that T-Rod had on his Facebook page. I decided to try it after a muscle in my back isn't getting better so I need to stop pushups and pullups, which seem to be aggravating it. Hopefully the planking won't hurt it. If it does, I'll give that up too.

- Andrew

B-Plus

Good morning dailies,

After 4 am wake ups most of last week, I felt like I slept in when I woke up at 6. Man, do I ever feel refreshed after feeling like crap all of yesterday. 10 miles later.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Quality this morning:

10 total miles (75F and 70 dewpoint)

I can't decide which was worse; the intervals or the 4 easy miles after.

Have a great Monday!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I can't decide which was worse; the intervals or the 4 easy miles after.

Isn't that the truth.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me today

Marjorie

LRB

Busy first day back but I kicked butt this morning!