Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

I didn't have internet until now.  Fuck Comcast.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Most of my candy bar eating life, Snickers has been my number one but I think Twix has taken over the Captains chair.

And red starburst are the best of all the colors.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Crew_Dawg

:rant:

Suicide fucking sucks, lost a good fellow aircraft mechanic yesterday thanks to suicide.  What a shitty ass fuckin day!

rant over

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Sorry to hear that Neil.  Suicide is never a solution, it sucks ass.

Neil, sorry to hear that.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Time to rant at my family here.

Found out yesterday that my cousin had a heart attack yesterday. 100% blockage in 1 area, 80% in another area. They did surgery and he is now resting comfortably in the hospital. He is my age and I will admit to being overweight but I am working on that. I am at 200 lbs on a 5'-11" frame. BMI marks me as overweight. My cousin is my age, my height and has a good 50+ lbs on me. I am a former smoker and took care of that. He is or was a smoker, not sure if he still is or not. There are very few of my cousins that are not overweight along with aunts and uncles. Lots of smokers in the family as well.

I am glad he is recovering but I just can't help but to be mad as hell at him. THIS IS PREVENTABLE. My uncle, his dad, is morbidly obese and always has been for as long as I can remember. Many hearth and health issues with him but yet my cousin just didn't fuckin listen to the signs and warnings. My uncle, when his last daughter was born he was having heart problems and we told him he needs to get healthier if he wants to see her graduate from high school. Fast forward 18 years and he almost did not get to see her graduate because he did not listen. In fact I would say most of my family is deaf and dumb to the signs and warnings being sent. I never met my grandfather because he died of a heart attack long before I was ever born.

FAMILY!!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!

I post about my running and some say I am crazy but yet some say its inspiring but yet I can probably only count on 1 hand how many take their health serious and are watching their weight, exercising, and striving to be healthier.
              Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear that, Neil.

Doug, I am sorry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Neil - Sorry to hear that.

Doug - it's frustrating.  Hugs to you.

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Not sure if I mentioned this or not but we had to fire 1 of our tax preparers last week after we found out they committed tax fraud.  Still waiting to hear from corporate as to what our next actions should be.  At least for now it seems that the IRS did not flag the transaction.  I think we are okay as a business since we had no knowledge of it and once it happened we terminated their employment.  Sucks for them as its a $500 fine to the preparer for committing fraud.  Who knows how many times this has happened that we did not catch.

They have some company material that we need back from them as well.  DW sent her a message that we are holding their check until we get our material back.  Basically gonna be an exchange our stuff for their check.  They also asked when they can expect to see their bonus check as well.  Our company pays a bonus to the prepares based on a small percentage of the returns they process.  Bonus check would be $500 as well.

Corporate policy is the bonus is paid at the end of tax season IF AND ONLY IF you are still employed with the company at the end of the season.  Sucks for them since we had to fire their ass 10 days before the end of the season.  We are not going to remind them of that policy they were fully aware of until after the material for paycheck exchange happens.

Neil. it seems that suicide is always a shock, but in retrospect, you can see some of the signs.  Again, sorry for your loss.  And now the rest of his family has to deal with it.  Like you said, sucks big time.

Doug, I see the same things in a lot of people, they are are obese, and have no motivation to change their lifestyle, and will surely die far too early.  It's their life though, and they can choose to live or waste it however they want.  It's my career to tell people what to do and to get them to take action to avoid losing their life.  If I don't issue a warning, people can die.  And yet, people won't listen.  We can only do so much, it takes personal accountability to act.  And something like this (a heart attack) might scare them for awhile and they change.  But far too often, they fall back into the same old habits.  Hope your uncle heals well and gets the message!

Hello Rollcast, welcome to the party!

Damaris, glad you got Internet back.  It's become something so engrained in all our lives, we take it for granted.  I do so much of my life through the Internet now, and when it doesn't work, it's hard.

Pam, hope the ice isn't too bad up there.  I'm really tired of winter.  Really tired of it.  Although I'm not that fond of severe weather either.  We had a storm with golf ball size hail last night that hit about 2/3 of the city of Omaha.  I had a good warning with good lead time, but still.  Good luck with the ice.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

That's smart, Doug--that way they won't hang onto the materials as a threat if they don't get their bonus. Geez, TAX FRAUD! Awful. I'm sorry about your cousin's heart attack, too. It's difficult when your family doesn't respond to your good example, or listen to the wisdom gained from years of experience.

Neil--I am so sorry that you lost your friend! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem...hard to know what to do or say, when it happens.

D-- Agreed. F@#K Comcast!!

I've got PT this morning, and my complex is inspecting all the smoke detectors and replacing shower heads today. Joy.

On the plus side, my bluebells are up, laundry's done, AND I'm eating Fritos for breakfast. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, the nerve of the guy.  I would tell them to call back later for the bonus check and after you get the materials back to tell them they are not eligible.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not but we had to fire 1 of our tax preparers last week after we found out they committed tax fraud.  Still waiting to hear from corporate as to what our next actions should be.  At least for now it seems that the IRS did not flag the transaction.  I think we are okay as a business since we had no knowledge of it and once it happened we terminated their employment.  Sucks for them as its a $500 fine to the preparer for committing fraud.  Who knows how many times this has happened that we did not catch.

They have some company material that we need back from them as well.  DW sent her a message that we are holding their check until we get our material back.  Basically gonna be an exchange our stuff for their check.  They also asked when they can expect to see their bonus check as well.  Our company pays a bonus to the prepares based on a small percentage of the returns they process.  Bonus check would be $500 as well.

Corporate policy is the bonus is paid at the end of tax season IF AND ONLY IF you are still employed with the company at the end of the season.  Sucks for them since we had to fire their ass 10 days before the end of the season.  We are not going to remind them of that policy they were fully aware of until after the material for paycheck exchange happens.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

We still don't have internet back.  It comes at 11pm and leaves at 8am.  But they still won't admit fault.  I think they are cutting it after a second or third computer connects (we have three computers at the house).  Or the line is faulty.

Neil. it seems that suicide is always a shock, but in retrospect, you can see some of the signs.  Again, sorry for your loss.  And now the rest of his family has to deal with it.  Like you said, sucks big time.

Doug, I see the same things in a lot of people, they are are obese, and have no motivation to change their lifestyle, and will surely die far too early.  It's their life though, and they can choose to live or waste it however they want.  It's my career to tell people what to do and to get them to take action to avoid losing their life.  If I don't issue a warning, people can die.  And yet, people won't listen.  We can only do so much, it takes personal accountability to act.  And something like this (a heart attack) might scare them for awhile and they change.  But far too often, they fall back into the same old habits.  Hope your uncle heals well and gets the message!

Hello Rollcast, welcome to the party!

Damaris, glad you got Internet back.  It's become something so engrained in all our lives, we take it for granted.  I do so much of my life through the Internet now, and when it doesn't work, it's hard.

Pam, hope the ice isn't too bad up there.  I'm really tired of winter.  Really tired of it.  Although I'm not that fond of severe weather either.  We had a storm with golf ball size hail last night that hit about 2/3 of the city of Omaha.  I had a good warning with good lead time, but still.  Good luck with the ice.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey peeps

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Doug on the rant. I get it. My twin won't do anything. He says he is too busy. Hell he sure can do something but won't. He does no exercise and should lose at least 50 lbs. one of his kids who is 13 is very very much over weight. Knowing silent heart disease runs in our family you'd think he would listen. With my mom dying with no warning from a massive heart attack and no known heart disease it should have been enough. It wasn't.

Marjorie