Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yo everyone.

Marjorie, dogs are very much just like kids.  Hope you gave them big hugs.

Neil, I'm sure Mary understood, and was probably just happy to see you despite you being very busy.

Pam, hope you had a good day, weather is gorgeous today.

Heather, those sound like delicious pastries.

Damaris, same for you, kitties, they are your kids.

Mom's day is always kind of a downer for me.  Lost my mom back in 2000.  Life goes on for the living, but it's usually a painful reminder that she's not here.  Same for Dad's day.  Lost him back in 1988 when I was a senior in high school.  Way too early for both of them.

In other news, I'm kind of grumpy today.  My race is in 4 days, and my foot really isn't changing.  The ball of the foot still hurts with every step.  The pain between the toes is gone, but every step hurts on my ball.  It really depresses me.  I've had the best training cycle of my life for this one, healthy the entire way, only to come up lame when it's time to put the icing on the cake.  I know, it's just running, and I have to let it go.  And I have to remind myself every day that it's the journey, and not the destination that is important.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry for that, Van.  I know how some holidays might remind you more of her.

Do you have a chance to go to the doctor to make sure it's not something major?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Van I'm like that too. My mom has been gone nearly 5 years. Mother's Day is hard.

Marjorie

Sorry I was a downer there.  In my own funk, I forgot to mention my wife, who I appreciate very much, but usually don't express it enough.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Damaris, as Van stated a double gets you 4 starts for Iridium level.  For timed races to count you have to cover 26.2 miles or more in 6 hours to count as a marathon per their FAQ section.

Morning.  Decaf coffee, while OK, just isn't the same as the fully leaded stuff.  Black eye

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Decaff . . . . so sorry for your loss!

Sometimes at work we will do a 50/50 mix of caff / decaff but rarely decaff.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well with our nephew we will find out this week what all is going on.  Biopsy was done over the weekend so hopefully the results are back in the next day or so.

All they have said so far is that he has lymphoma but no specifics on type or anything else.  As far as what I know it has been confirmed to be lumps in his neck and also around his heart and his lungs.  So far most of what i have read is most lymphoma's are treatable.

Docket_Rocket

Thinking of him this week, Doug.

Morning!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. The fibro fatigue is strong this morning. Seriously. I may have to take a nap to recover from getting up!  *blink*

Relentless forward progress

Yo.

Hopefully they caught it early Doug.

Pam, I've had days like that.  Hope it got better.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Healing thoughts.

Damn wifi still not working at the airport. Wasn't working last Monday either so can't do any work. Oh well.

Marjorie

Hey Marjorie, you traveling to someplace, or heading home?

Wandering Wally

Good evening all.  I'm going to transition back to morning running this week.  I'll be hitting the coffee hard tomorrow at work.

Van - Decaf?  Ugh.  Hope your foot starts feeling better.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast