Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Ha, yeah, I'm doing pretty good actually.  I ran a victory mile yesterday morning, and still managed 15 minutes. Will probably run a mile or two tonight with my trail group too.

Travel day. Ran this am.

Van can you walk?

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Good.  I actually found my recovery from the 50K faster than a marathom.

Ha, yeah, I'm doing pretty good actually.  I ran a victory mile yesterday morning, and still managed 15 minutes. Will probably run a mile or two tonight with my trail group too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good for you. 175 miles would trash most people for several months......

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Dear friends, its that time of year again for me. Time to get ready for the Chicago Marathon and help raise money for a GREAT local charity named Opportunity Enterprises. Please take the time to check them out and donate to them on behalf of my fundraising efforts.

http://www.crowdrise.com/dougsoe2013chicagomarathon
          Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Doug, keep reminding me later this month.  I will donate.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Morning all!

Do you all suppose that recovery from ultra distances tends to be quicker because the runner spends more time in the aerobic zone than in shorter distances?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Mike, yes, I think so.  I believe the walking during the event also helps in post recovery.  You're already recovering even during the event. My legs feel back to normal today.  The ankles and feet were really swollen yesterday, but are much better this morning. I did run last night with the trail group, just a couple of miles.  Still felt very tired though, and ended up with a fever again last night. I think the fever is just my body's way of telling me to back off, as I was exhausted by bedtime last night.

Morning all!

Do you all suppose that recovery from ultra distances tends to be quicker because the runner spends more time in the aerobic zone than in shorter distances?

Docket_Rocket

This!

Mike, yes, I think so.  I believe the walking during the event also helps in post recovery.  You're already recovering even during the event. My legs feel back to normal today.  The ankles and feet were really swollen yesterday, but are much better this morning. I did run last night with the trail group, just a couple of miles.  Still felt very tired though, and ended up with a fever again last night. I think the fever is just my body's way of telling me to back off, as I was exhausted by bedtime last night.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

That is part of the concept with the Galloway method as well.  The walk breaks aide in recovery and allow a runner to cover more distance than if they ran the whole way.

Ran again tonight, just 2 miles, but feels like I ran 20.  Body is still saying no, so no reason to push it.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

*hits Van over the head with rolled up magazine*

Bad boy!  Sit!  Lie down. Stay!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pass the magazine so I can hit him too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

*hands Damaris the magazine*

Morning.

Docket_Rocket

*slaps Van in the head*

Thanks, LD!

Damaris

Fundraising Page