Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  My daughters hate bugs as well.  Last night my eldest was riding her bike along with me while I ran.  A mosquito landed on her knee.  She totally forgot she was riding a bike and was slapping the mosquito.  She went right over.  Since she was OK, it was pretty funny.

Marjorie - Yes, deer flies suck.  It's been a damp spring so we're going to have loads of them this year.  Yay.  I need some of these:  http://www.flypatch.com/

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I counted 10 deer fly bites.  Thought there were 8 but I took a closer look today.  I'm over it.

At least they have stopped itching, for the most part.

Mike, yes you do need those

Back to work.

Marjorie

Wandering Wally

Gotta get out and get my run done tonight.  No goofing off.  My youngest wants to take me to Culver's for dinner with all the money she's earned doing chores around the house.  Can't be late.  I'm sure a cheeseburger and a Concrete Mixer are good post-run options, right?

Run!  Just Run!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gotta get out and get my run done tonight.  No goofing off.  My youngest wants to take me to Culver's for dinner with all the money she's earned doing chores around the house.  Can't be late.  I'm sure a cheeseburger and a Concrete Mixer are good post-run options, right?

You want a real concrete you have to go to Ted Drews in St. Louis.  just sayin'   Nothing like them on this planet......

But those will do in a pinch.

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Bourbon is a better post run option.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I wogged a mile tonight.  Alternating between walking and jogging but I at least jogged tonight.  Its about 60% but its a start

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Good news, Doug!

It's raining. Again.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Yay.

I wogged a mile tonight.  Alternating between walking and jogging but I at least jogged tonight.  Its about 60% but its a start

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Doug, I mentioned this in text, but for me, tendons take forever to heal.  My extensor tendon is still store in my left foot.  I hurt that back on the trail race in April, and of course, re-aggravated it at the 3 days, but it hurts with every step.  You'll get there.

Mike, hope your kiddo was OK on the bike.  And yes, burgers and concrete is excellent recovery fuel. Smile

Damaris, saw on FB that you got in for NYC.  Wow, you're going to be traveling alot in the next few months!

Marjorie, yikes, 10 fly bites?  Would be hard for me to get over that, ha.

Pam, I think we might float away down here.

Yo Heather, check in once in awhile, will ya?

Cheryl, glad to hear that you're running again.

Enjoying a cup of coffee and a quick break on a busy night shift.  It's my last one though, headed back to evening shifts for the next several days.  Had a lovely 9 mile run in the rain yesterday evening, that was kind of fun.  Have a good day folks.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!  Sporting an ACE bandage today and sitting on my butt at work as much as possible.  Reading up and trying to figure out where the issue is exactly.  From the picture below, I feel it mostly where the flexor digitorum longus tendon comes around the back side of the ankle bone protrusion.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Doug Flexor Dig is probably it.  A common one actually.  If the arch hurts then I'd look at the posterior tib.  But I see a lot of flexor dig issues that people think are the posterior tib.

Happy to report a lot of the fly bites are going away.  Thank goodness.

I'm all bright this am.  I look like summer with light blue top and yellow skirt and my shoes are the same blue with butterflys on them in yellow and some green and purple.

Marjorie

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  Coffee infusion is happening.  My assistant is out today so I'm running the show solo.  Yikes!

Marjorie - St. Louis was too far to go last night ;-)  Glad the fly bites are going down.

Van - Rainy runs are nice.  Usually have the trail to myself in the rain.  Kiddo was fine.  She jumped up and said "I'm OK!" got back on and kept riding.  Sometimes experience is the best teacher.

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My back feels better although still hurts/is sore in one section.

Van, yes!  I have a marathon every weekend in November (except the 17th unless I convince DH to go to Philly on top of that) and I cannot wait!

Doug, hope it feels better.  GO TO THE DOCTOR! Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Doug Flexor Dig is probably it.  A common one actually.  If the arch hurts then I'd look at the posterior tib.  But I see a lot of flexor dig issues that people think are the posterior tib.

Arch feels fine, no discomfort in any other part of the foot.  I went online and looked at Flexor Dig stuff and what I need to do to rehab it at home.  The stretches plus patience and time is my current approach.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress