Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Good luck, Doug.  You deserve a break!  Are you still planning on doing Chicago?

Yeah, I figure worse case scenario is I walk more of it than originally planned.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Garmin just sent to me how to reformat my watch. I hope it works. Wish they had the info on their web site but hat would help!  I'd have done it days ago. So will try that later.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

That's where you're wrong!  Crazy Florida.

effin class that I had to write and put together all the slides etc on stuff I knew little about is done.  They better not want a lot of changes and the state of Florida better approve the damn thing.  I hate being rushed to do this stuff but they needed it fairly fast.  Researching stuff I have no interest in was painful, but it is done and I wanted to get it done by end of today since I'm in Tampa all next week and won't have much time to do it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Marjorie, what do you have to lose at this point.  If you brick it, oh well.

My sister in law had a pretty serious heart attack yesterday.  100% blockage in two arteries.  Well, she actually had the attack on Tuesday, and she didn't go in until yesterday.  And she's only 38. So she got two stents put in, and is back home resting, but with some pretty major heart damage.

Skipped my run this morning.  Blah.  So tired.  Going to try to get a solid 8 hours tonight and see what happens.  50 miler next weekend may be downgraded to the 50k.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Damn, Van.  Sorry to hear that.  Hope she recovers well from this and makes the changes needed to keep away from getting stent #3.

Yeah I hope so too.  She's overweight, smokes a couple packs a day, and has a high stress job.  It almost killed her.

Docket_Rocket

Very sorry to hear this Van.  I am glad she is home but it fucking sucks.

Marjorie, what do you have to lose at this point.  If you brick it, oh well.

My sister in law had a pretty serious heart attack yesterday.  100% blockage in two arteries.  Well, she actually had the attack on Tuesday, and she didn't go in until yesterday.  And she's only 38. So she got two stents put in, and is back home resting, but with some pretty major heart damage.

Skipped my run this morning.  Blah.  So tired.  Going to try to get a solid 8 hours tonight and see what happens.  50 miler next weekend may be downgraded to the 50k.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

So running is still going pretty slow, but I am getting more miles.  Since I am a little more settled in now it's been easier to get out the door, but now the temps have been getting in the 90's.  This will probably be the last push of summer before winter starts in 2 weeks.  So far I am going to get a base in the winter as best as I can, the base here has a descent indoor track for the harsh winters, and I will start reloading ammunition as a side hobby.  The cost is high up front, but after about 5k rounds it will pay for it's self since ammo prices are stupid high.

I have started a 2 -3 year plan on where I want to be running wise depending on how bad the winters are, I'd like to run my first 50 miler.  My roomie said he'd help in any way, which he is an wearisome dude.  If he says he will help, he is one of those few people left in the world that really will.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well I took a couple of really short test jogs up and down the hallway here at home and the ankle feels 1,000 times better today. Not ready for a full on run with it yet though

Yo Neil.  Yeah, I wondered about the winters up there, glad you have an indoor track to work on.  And besides, what else is there to do up there, except, well, learn to reload ammo.

Eventually Doug, hopefully you'll get back to running.

Stuck at work all day today, and it's amazingly nice. 78 degrees, 59 degree dewpoint.  That just doesn't happen very often in mid August.

Docket_Rocket

Doug, little by little.

Nice job, Neil.

Our Mike finished his 50K!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ah yes, Michigan MIke who used to post.  Congrats!

10 1/2 miles before sunrise this morning, then working all day.  And now it's taper time.  Race is next Saturday.  My gut tells me to drop down to the 50k.  We'll see.

Docket_Rocket

I had a long run fail.  12 miles @ MP +10% instead of 16.  Pace was awesome and on pace but I was too nauseous to continue.  This shit comes out of nowhere (sometimes during marathons, as you guys know) but it irks me that it usually comes during LRs.  Especial LRs too!

Great run, Van.  Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My long run was good. Just hot. It was supposed to be overcast and good chance of rain. That didn't happen.

Marjorie