Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

First relaxing day at home for spouse and I in I don't know how long (full time jobs plus elder care responsibilities).  Did 15 minutes on the rower earlier, thinking it was a rest day.  But now our evening plans have been canceled so I'm thinking about doing my intervals tonight instead of tomorrow morning.  What to do...  I'm not used to having choices...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Running always wins

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Back from another 8.  I am tired this week, yet this is probably my fastest week in a while.  Go figure.

Hoping to sleep well since I have to wake up at 4:30am to run my 18 miles and even then, the heat index will already be 86F.  Can we skip to, let's say, December?  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I agree.  Running always wins.

Ran my 50k race today.  Huge PR, but only because I haven't run a 50k in a couple of years.  1st in my age group 41 to 50, but they don't have my plaque.  They are laser etched, and the laser broke on Friday.  I felt like a kid without a present under the Christmas tree.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Hey there Granite, thanks for stopping in.

We are trying our hand tomorrow at Italian beef sandwiches.  Put everything together tonight and are letting it marinate over night.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Job interview Tuesday morning.

Sounds tasty.  And good luck Tuesday.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Thanks.

Question for anyone who knows.  How do you tell if a ring is diamond or a fake?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Good luck on your interview, Doug!  A diamond can be checked by scratching glass with it.  If it does not scratch it, it's not a diamond.  Or so they say.

Congrats, Van!  Hope you get your plaque soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good luck on your interview, Doug!  A diamond can be checked by scratching glass with it.  If it does not scratch it, it's not a diamond.  Or so they say.

This is what I heard "them" say as well.  I know for a fact you can tell a pearl by rubbing it on your tooth.  I just forget what a real one feels like...

Break a leg, Doug.

Last night's run lost out to a walk with the wife and dogs.  Which turns out to be a good thing because it's about 50F out right now!!  Running tempo miles at 50 is way better than running them at 78.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I hate my stomach. Sigh. 430 am and wham it got wonky. At least I hadn't left to run. Laid back down or 3 hours. Now I will try to run again. Good thing I'm good at using glycogen stores to run. I should be used to it but it doesn't happen as much as it used to and at least I wasn't out running yet when it did. Didn't eat anything different. Just my reality. So will see how stubborn I am and how far I get.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Got to stay home all night last night.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Starting my 18 at 5:30am when it was just 90F and 77DP.  Van, take this shit away.   95F heat index when I was doing the last 8 @ MP.Angry

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

House smells yummy right now which was cruel to me when I got back from my run today.

I could have gone farther than I did but played it conservative with the ankle instead.  Logged 11.2 miles today.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Doug great news on the ankle holding up

Marjorie