Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

I might have to get back to being a vegetarian because I have so much phlegm on my chest, it is not funny.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Got this email yesterday.

Its for a peon position but its potentially getting my foot in their door and then I can look at the internal postings and move on from there if I get the position.  Best part is no relocation required

Dear Douglas,

Thank you for your application for employment with BP for the position of Operator.

We are pleased to advise that your application has been progressed to the next stage of our selection process and we can confirm your assessment session details as follows:

Assessment Date: Thursday, September 19, 2013
      Assessment Time: 1:00PM (Please arrive 30 minutes early for registration)

Assessment Location: IL&DC

Assessor(s): BP Team

The assessment will last 3-4 hours.
      Photo ID is required. The dress code is casual.

If you are late for the assessment you will not be allowed to enter the testing room.

BP wishes to fully support you with your applications, so please feel free to contact us if you require any special assistance, for example for a disability, in connection with the interview process.

Docket_Rocket

Good, Doug.  And it might also keep you guys afloat until some bigger position comes in.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

That's good news, Doug!

Neil - Congrats on the weight loss and finding your running groove!

A sincere and deep thank you to Doug, Neil, and all our active, reserve, guard, and veteran armed services members. If nothing else, today reminds me to thank all those who serve so selflessly.

Relentless forward progress

Very nice sentiment Pam, well said.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Well said, Pam.

Also, thanks to the first responders who sacrifice so much to save others.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Thanks Pam!  I am never without words,  but everytime someone thanks me its always well received.  Today brings back good memories and bad.  I was a young punk back then, full of attitude and wanted nothing but to get out of the military. I then had a behind the scenes experience 12 years ago that

changed my mind.  The mighty military machine was well oiled and responded quickly with a sense of purpose.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Crew_Dawg

Today I am officially 10 lbs lighter!

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Today I am officially 10 lbs lighter!

Lobotomy?

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Wonderful pain / discomfort free 5.65 mile run today.  The miles were hot and hilly and comfortable.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope it works out Doug.

Marjorie

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Lobotomy?

You are so naughty!    But funny!   Bwahaahahah!

i needed the laugh. Thanks!

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Job search update. Tentatively I will be going to Indianapolis, IN next week for a site visit and more interviews for 1 of the companies from the job fair.

Recruiter wanted to get the ball rolling on flight arrangements for me. He asked what airport I am near. Well Indy is 160 miles away from me, I can drive there quicker than I could fly though Chicago is what I told him. After explaining it to him a bit further he agreed with me. 2.5 hours to drive or 90 minutes drive to Ohare, arrive 60 - 120 minutes early, 60 - 90 minute flight, dick with baggage claim and a car rental.

By the time I did all that I could have drove there and ran 5+ miles once there.
                            Docket_Rocket

Will they pay for the rental instead so you don't have touse  your car?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

My guess is they will pay mileage and cover the hotel as well.  Paying mileage will more than cover the cost of gas to go down and back.