Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Crew_Dawg

I had soup and leftover sub sandwich

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Good morning.  The race today is out in the middle of nowhere in northeast Wyoming.  On a dirt road.  On any other given day, it would be fine. Except for the inch of rain we had last night.  Fun.  See ya.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Mornin'.

Have fun in 26.2 miles of mud, Van!  Now that's what I call a mud run!!

Relentless forward progress

Crew_Dawg

Morning

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  Meatloaf sounds awesome.  Leftover meatloaf is even better.

Have fun Van!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning!

Brats for dinner are already thawing.  Yeah I am the cook now it seems since I am still laid off.  Gonna boil them in some beer, green pepper, and onion.  After that they are going on the grill to get some color and a bit of charring.

Wandering Wally

If I leave now, I can make it to Doug's house just in time for dinner.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Crew_Dawg

If I rode an ICBM I could be there in minutes

I'll pass on the brats but will have a beer or three.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

5 miles today for me.  2nd run without the brace as well and yep that was 2 days in a row of running for me as well.  SRD for Thursday but then going out for a long run on Friday.

This weekend . . . . CAMPING and a family reunion.

Docket_Rocket

I'll bring the beer.

Doug, no word on the prospects yet?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey everyone!  Doing alright over here.  I think I'm mostly adjusted to single life.  Ex wants to get back together and try again but I'm not feeling the spark anymore.  Got a new job that pays low but I really like so far and has benefits.  There's room for advancement too so that's good.  I'm kind of back to running again.  I've had to start over and I'm super slow and my motivation isn't always there.  It's starting to come back though.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Will try to check in more often.

I may be slow but I never quit.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I'll bring the beer.

Doug, no word on the prospects yet?

Tomorrow (Thursday) I have an assessment to take for an operator position @ BP.  The test is aimed at someone with an average HS education so I should do well with the test.  After passing the test I should move to interview step and I know people that are or used to be part of the hiring committee so I have an inside track on potential interview questions.

That position offers no relocation needed for the family but I will be on 12 hour days working either the day shift or the night shift rotation along with swinging back and forth between them.  Its a 2 week schedule rotation and in that time I will work 84 hours which means working a mix of 2 on or 3 off or 3 on and 2 off for a total of 7 days in a 14 day period plus any OT they might offer.  With some OT it will be a very nice and fat paycheck.

NEXT WEEK, I am going  to Indy to interview with a chemical manufacturing company for a potential maintenance manager position.  That trip is on Wednesday.

For the Indy job, well its 160 miles from home so relocation will be required.  Pay is decent and we like the area as well.  Pay would be better at BP though.

The local engineering company, well I am still waiting to hear from them other than I know they are interested in me.  Their hiring process went on hold at the moment even though they are manpower short.  They are in negotiation last I heard to acquire another engineering firm but even after they absorb that office they will still be manpower short.  That job would likely start up on the road as well as they are getting ready to execute a large contract in Iowa.  I would get housing and per diem if I went on the road with them.