Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I am gonna line up in my corral but I won't hold that pace.  As soon as i can I will migrate to the left side of the course since that seems to be where I run all the time anyways.  Shall see who I know in that area and talk with them, I might move back, just don't want to move back to the open with the 8:00 wave start.

Docket_Rocket

I wouldn't either.

i am leaving at 4 that day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I know it will change a billion times by race day but at the moment temps look good for Chicago according to accuweather.com

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Were you going to sign up for a pace team at the expo?  I run with many of the pacers for Chicago.  Betty usually does the 3:50 group, George usually take s the 4:00 group and this year Dick will be with the 4:45 group.

Dick is 65 years old and has over 20 hundred miles to his name and has ran Pikes Peak half and full almost every year lately.  Half is the ascent on Saturday and the full is up and down on Sunday.

Docket_Rocket

I know it will change a billion times by race day but at the moment temps look good for Chicago according to accuweather.com

It better!  The heat index here is above 100F and the 77DP is making me doubt I should even run today!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Were you going to sign up for a pace team at the expo?  I run with many of the pacers for Chicago.  Betty usually does the 3:50 group, George usually take s the 4:00 group and this year Dick will be with the 4:45 group.

Dick is 65 years old and has over 20 hundred miles to his name and has ran Pikes Peak half and full almost every year lately.  Half is the ascent on Saturday and the full is up and down on Sunday.

I don't run well at standard pace.  I run negative splits so I don't run well with pacers.  My coach should be a pacer too.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hey gang.  Decided to not run yesterday.  So that's 4 rest days in a row.  I'm pretty sure I've never done that in the last 5 years.  Oh well.  Trying to stay awake today.  I am running tonight for sure though.  Cheers!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Wandering Wally

I'll be running this evening as well.  I was too lazy to get up this morning.  Obviously you needed a break Van.  Hope you are feeling much refreshed now.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Right now I am supposed to be reading up on a company called Vertellus Specialties Inc. since that is where I will be tomorrow doing the onsite interview thing.

That means SRD for me and plus I am resting from yesterdays 10 miler.  It was a bit hilly and I have stayed away from hills for the most part.  Yeah the beginning was a bitch as well.

Docket_Rocket

A bit hilly?

Van, go run!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

for my age I need to run 1.5 miles in 13:30 or less, waist needs to be smaller than 39 inches, 27 pushups in a minute, 46 situps in a minute.  The pushups is where I am usually close on, everything else is not too hard

If you don't mind my asking, what are the details of the test (distance, pass requirements, etc.?)  Just curious.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Crew_Dawg

I did a 3 mile walk, then a 2 mile walk a few hours later.  The foot responded well I am happy to report.  Minus the pt test tomorrow I should be able to recover from this, but the miles are going to be low for a few weeks.  Not enough to panic yet, but its a setback I have to take.

Neil, you can do it!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Crew_Dawg

Just hard to build confidence and consistency at this rate

Crew_Dawg

Good morning!