Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

for my age I need to run 1.5 miles in 13:30 or less, waist needs to be smaller than 39 inches, 27 pushups in a minute, 46 situps in a minute.  The pushups is where I am usually close on, everything else is not too hard

Interesting.  The waist is kind of odd.  Just based on age?  What's the reasoning behind that?  Maybe the idea is it's a better measure of relative body fat than just height/weight?

Wandering Wally

Howdy all!  What's cookin'?

Neil - Glad the foot is feeling better.  I'm sure you'll ace the PT test.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Morning.  I slept in, it's my Saturday, so why not.  Got a good 9 mile trail run last night with my group.  Heading out for some easy road miles in the sunshine today.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Wandering Wally

Sounds nice Van.  We're having a nice stretch of autumn sunshine here.  Can't wait to get out there tonight.

Run!  Just Run!

Crew_Dawg

I passed the test, but no ace.  Foot is really screwed right now and I am in the docs office.  More to follow, but I'm not very optimistic at this point.

The whole waist measurment is a source of pain in the air force.  Someone who is 6'4 with a 39 in waist looks h

ealthier

that someone 5'4 and 39 in waist and their bmi is considerable higher.  However height is not  considered and puts me at a huge disadvantage.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Yo.

Hope it's nothing serious with the foot, Neil.

Relentless forward progress

Neil, congrats on passing the test.

Wandering Wally

Way to go Neil!  Now I hope your foot gets better soon.

Run!  Just Run!

Crew_Dawg

Foots not looking too good.  Initial eval of xray showed a heal spur.  I was like wtf are you looking there for, my pain is in the front.  So now I could have more issues than I went in for, FML

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on passing the test but good luck at the doctor!  Hope it's nothing major.

I know nothing about heel spurs, sorry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Crew_Dawg

Nothing broke, and spur is very small.  No running for a week tho Sad

Glad to hear you passed Neil.  A week off is a bummer, but hopefully you'll be in good shape by the end of next week.

Sounds like classic military, you go in for one thing, and come out with another.

Docket_Rocket

Boo at the running but yay that is nothing major.

Damaris

Fundraising Page