Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Crew_Dawg

I walked about a mile and a half, seemed to help the mind more than the foot.  Thats something at least.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

A good walk often turns out to be a great one.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Peekaboo!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. I woke up at 0500 and couldn't go back to sleep. Youngest was up about an hour later. Ugh.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Cats woke me up at 8am. Bah.

Van, I see you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

D - the way the weather looks you might want some throw away clothing for Chicago.  You can bring it with you or usually you can buy some at the expo for dirt cheap.  Big ass garbage bag will help as well for race morning.

Docket_Rocket

The way the weather looks I am considering a long sleeve. I remember the A1A was 41-47F and I froze with a long sleeve and gloves the whole way through.  If it happens, I'll be very happy about the weather for sure.  I prefer to freeze than to sweat.

I do have some old tops I can bring.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nevermind.  I see it went up.  Yesterday, it said 36 to 50F. 41 to 62F sounds good too.  I like the 36 to 50F better for some reason, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

The Dick Ponds Asics booth should have the cheap Asics arm warmers at $8 - 10 per pair if you want to go that route.  A couple places will have them but DP seems to always be the least expensive.  Or just buy some tube socks and cut the toes open.

Docket_Rocket

Socks?  Never!  With style or not at all!  Ha. Joking

I have tons of arm warmers.  Some cost me $5 so unless it's standard in the mid to low 50s, I'll bring those.  I know how chilly I get in temps like that, so I might not even take them off.  Anything below 50F I would wear more.  I do need to find another pair of gloves at WalMart since I threw mine at Mile 20 of the A1A (and regretted it after I kept freezing).

Although shopping at the expo is a good idea too, especially since husband has now become a runner and purchases tons of stuff at expos.  Ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And the Asics armwarmers are pretty good even at the $8 prices.  I have two pairs (red and black) and they are very warm.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

There will be several booths with shorts, shirts, socks, and shoes.

Docket_Rocket

Giddy!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Anna made this for me for my b-day.  She was out front the other day making it.  All I knew was there was wood, nails, and a hammer involved at the time.  Heard:  TAP, TAP, TAP, OOPS!!  TAP, TAP, TAP OUCH!!!

Crew_Dawg

Morning runners!  I was drinkin and playing call of duty last night.  Seems to be the majority of stuff to do here once the weather starts turning.  Foot is still sore but getting better so a walk will be done later.

-- Ice, I could ice for hours