Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Hey there, wazzup?

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  We are on the plane!

Doug, nice!  And big!

Pam, Mike, yo!

Marjorie, so, Congress has your files?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Bummed that Brooks did not have their full booth this time out at the Chicago expo.  No gait analysis booth this time out.  In fact the expo was smaller this year then years past.

Docket_Rocket

The dockets have landed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning!

Pam, hope you feel better.

Damaris, Doug, weather looking delightful for your race.

Mike, when is your Disney trip?

Marjorie, hopefully you get your files back, eventually.

Neil, yo dude, you around?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes D. Congress has them. They are on my system. I just can't open them because they need to be moved back into the correct program. until then I can't open them.

Marjorie

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Up before dawn and got 7 miles in.  It's a nice autumn morning.

Van - November of 2014.  We were going to go later this year, but changed it so we will be able to go see our new niece/nephew in North Carolina on the same trip.  S/he will be ~8 months old by then and that's a good time for me to get away.

Doug & Damaris - Hope you are having fun in Chicago.  Eat some pizza for me or maybe an Italian beef.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning. Feeling better right now. Hoping to go to work tonight.

Good luck tomorrow Doug and Damaris!

Relentless forward progress

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Just a relaxing Saturday for us.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

In just under 13 hours the Chicago Marathon starts

G'evening.

Marjorie, maybe next week, it will all get resolved.

Pam, glad you are feeling better.

Mike, ah, didn't realize it was next fall. Thought it was in a few weeks.

Good luck tomorrow Doug and Damaris.

Slept like crap today.  I'm crabby.  My run sucked.  I hate the night shift.  And yet, I have to do it for 14 more years.  Gee.  I'm a bundle of joy tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.

Good luck, Doug!  I am planning on heading there at 645, straight through Congress Ave. to the corrals.  Hope to see you there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Just relaxing. Dh went fishing. I got up early to do my long run so I don't have to do anything.

Marjorie

Sounds delightful Marjorie!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

In the end my training or lack of training bit me. Took a lot of time off over the summer when I should have been training for this stupid ankle. At the end of August I seriously thought this would be a DNS or a DNF but September rolled in and things started working for me and I was able to get back to finishing condition and my last several runs looked promising for me. I was 2:04:XX through the half but then things went the wrong way. Had knee issues and started into running from water stop to water stop. At 35KM (21.8 miles) my left quad and hamstring locked up and decided to have a charlie horse dueling match. Race was done for me just phoned in the rest walking when the leg muscles would not cooperate. Finished with a 4:44:XX. Anywho, its done and I got my finishers medal and drank the finishers beer. Time to rest up and recover and get ready for my next marathon. #18 marathon or ultras is now in the books.