Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Afternoon all.  My Chicago RR is up if you care to read.  Posted here and over on RWOL.

Have to make a short trip tomorrow to South Bend, IN to fill out a job app and have an interview with a company.  Thursday I have to get on a plane and head out to the Pittsburgh area for an interview and plant tour on Friday.

Hope one of them works out.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Doug!

Read your RR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I ran without pain.  I can still feel my groin and psoas, but not in pain.  I wonder if was my fibroids that did me in.  The doctor did send me to do an ultrasound in July to check them out but I was working 80 hours a week and now I am not even sure I can use my medical insurance during the furlough.  Sigh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yawn. I'm tired

but computer was fixed yesterday.

Dh dh got called in for a big fire to investigate late last night around 130am.

Marjorie

Marjorie, good news on the computer.

Damaris, you still have health insurance.

Hope the latest round of interviews pans out Doug.

I'm really dragging today.  Slept very well last night, and got a 1 hour nap this afternoon before work, but I'm zonked.  Ugh.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all!

Heading out soon to go over to South Bend, IN for the first interview.

GAWD!!!  i am now the father of a teenage daughter.  I think I gained a few grey hairs overnight.  Today is Anna's 13th birthday!

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Good luck Doug!  And Happy Bday to Anna!

Relentless forward progress

Wandering Wally

Morning all!  Yesterday was the extended due date for individual tax returns and I was busier than a one armed paper hanger.  Had to get the last minute stragglers done.

Doug - Happy Birthday to Anna!  Good luck on the job interviews!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Mike, that's funny!  Good to have the business though instead of twiddling your thumbs.

Doug, Happy Birthday to your daughter!  And hoping for the best on your interviews.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Had a crisp field trip to a pumpkin farm with youngest's kindergarten class this morning. He did really well and had fun!  Yay!  I made sure to tell him how proud I was.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey kiddos

saw that on FB Doug. Time goes fast, huh?

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi!

Good luck, Doug, on both fronts.

How's everybody?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Hi again!  I forgot to add, my adoptive folks are moving off the farm!  Shocked  It needs to happen for them, especially health wise for Dad. On the one hand, I'm glad they've finally taken this step. On the other hand, I'm feeling very wistful about the whole thing.  I've only ever known that farm and trailer as "home". It's weird to think of them living in town. They aren't selling the farm site yet, but still. It won't be the same....

We have a little while to get used to the idea. Mom and Dad won't take possession until early December, and they don't plan to move until after Christmas.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Well I think the interview went well today, only time will tell at this point.  If i get an offer then we shall have to see where the money falls.  The position would start out being straight midnights which is gonna be no fun at all.  But it would be a M - F midnight shift and most weekends off.  I would have to cover some plant hours on a weekend and be on call that weekend as well.