Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I gre up in the cold weather.  No thanks  I live in the south for a reason and have been here for 24 years.  My cold now is tomorrows low of 28.  It was nearly 70 today and that is what I prefer

Marjorie

Mostly harmless

I ran 15 miles on the treadmill today. Before today I had never logged more than 6 miles or so on the TM and I learned two things.

1. Running 15 miles on the treadmill sucks. A lot.

2. You can still chafe your nipples running on the TM. Ouch.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Marjorie - I also was born/raised in the north. I live in the south for the past 20 years.  We were in the low 20s today and at my house it was 75* today. I love wearing shorts in January.  : )

Scott - TM is my best friend when its cold as hell outside or 5000* degrees. Oh yeah, sorry about your nipples.  OUCH!

Don't believe everything you think. 

NotScott, tape is man's best friend.  Hope it's not too bad.

I hate the cold too. I'm retiring in the south in 15 years.   Either South Carolina or Florida.

Im back on the night shift for the next 4 days.  Ugh.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

Ouch, Scott.

I ran 10 and I loved them.  FInally.  And yes, running is fun, so I don't worry about PRs.  My best marathon was not even a PR and I think it was my best performance.  It showed me more than PR'ing while sucking on my asthma inhaler 7 times to be able to finish!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I'll give you a recommendation.  Move to somewhere in Florida that is NOT South Florida.  You'll regret it if you do.

NotScott, tape is mans best friend.  Hope it's not too bad.

I hate the cold too. I'm retiring in the south in 15 years.   Either South Carolina or Florida.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

If it were Florida, it wouldn't be south Florida.  It would mostly likely be Tampa/Clearwater area.  Or somewhere up the Atlantic Coast toward SC or NC.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Mostly harmless

NotScott, tape is man's best friend.  Hope it's not too bad.

Body Glide works fine for me, I just forgot to put it on.  I rarely run on the TM and so I got out of my normal routine.  At least I didn't look like this guy:

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Depending on the shirt, BG is a failure for me.  I have a few that are like sandpaper so I have no choice but to use band-aides.

Well another week down for the tax season.  GDMFing IRS is screwing all of us thanks to the fiscal cliff.  We can't file any taxes until late January which is screwing up our cash flow.

As for the business I would say our number 1 question has been "How much money do I have to make to get the maximum earned income credit?"  Starting this year anyone claiming EIC will likely move to the head of the audit line.  People abuse it to and manage to claim they make exactly enough to get the max and also try to claim they had no operating expenses for their out of home business.  Us as the tax prep office cannot knowingly file a fraudulent return and if we do we get audited as well.  Every preparer has a tax ID and they begin by checking all that preparers returns along with the store returns.  Worst case is the preparer gets fined and the store gets shutdown by the IRS.  NOPE NO FRIGGIN WAY are we going to allow that to happen.  If the person wants to file for EIC then we require them to provide copies of their ledger and expense records for a CYA measure.

Mostly harmless

Depending on the shirt, BG is a failure for me.  I have a few that are like sandpaper so I have no choice but to use band-aides.

Not to turn this into (yet another) thread about nipple chafing but I highly recommend New Skin over band aids.  Just paint a little on and you are all set.  It lasts a long time and won't rip out your chest hairs when you remove it.  Peel it off in the shower.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Good morning! Good morning! Good morning!

I'm so tired I'm wired!

Don't believe everything you think. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey kiddos.

Cold here today.  Not up north cold but I don't like it.

Marjorie

Wandering Wally

Happy Friday!  It's been cold all week but it's January and I live in northern Michigan  so what can I expect?  I consider it the price paid for wonderful summer weather.

Van - Pants are optional every day ;-)

Doug - Circular 230 compliance is a pain, but necessary.  I won't let some lying sack of excrement take away my livelihood.  Fortunately I don't have that many EITC clients.  And yes, the delay in filing is not helping me either.  At least we had lots of year end work and W-2's/1099's to do.  That helped.

NotScott - That's a long time on a dreadmill.  How did you not shoot yourself?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Hello.

Damaris

Fundraising Page