Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Wandering Wally

Nice work on the caffeine and sodium Doug.  I limit myself to 500 ml of coffee daily.  Since I started doing that my sleeping improved greatly.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Keep at it!

Hey peeps, back to work today.

Its not been fun but I am doing better on my caffeine intake so far.  Just 1 cup of coffee yesterday and 2 today.  Rather than my usual half pot of coffee.  No added sodium or soy sauce as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wow Pam hope you find out what it is.  A lot of people are getting sick and it is lingering for a long long time it seems.

Marjorie

Hey crew.  Hello to everyone.  It's snowing moderately here, about 3" so far.  3" more expected here, could be about 8" just down the road.  Got the driveway all scooped, had to repair the snowblower, and now layering up for a snow run.  Ribs still hurt, but I'm not going to let it stop me today.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I saw you pic in FB Van.  Kill it out there.

I ran 6 miles and the last three fast and didn't even feel them.  I like good breathing days.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

6 miles tonight at the Wheeler HS Field House on the 200m track.  8:40 avg pace despite recovering from bronchitis

Doug, My wife just went on a high blood pressure med, we think not because of sodium, but because on of her other asthma meds has been increasing it.  Nice work setting up a plan.  And cool run.

Marjorie, I wish I had a normal schedule where I could run at the same time every day, even at 4 am.  That would be cool.

Also, on an unrelated note, I am reminded tonight that the world is full of idiots and dumbasses.  Present company excluded of course.  I got into a heated argument on Facebook with a few people.  It reaffirmed my faith that you can't fix stupid.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

I sometimes feel the asthma meds might be increasing my BP.  I need to check it consistently to make sure.  Mine is still within normal parameters but higher than it was.

I wish I had seen your FB fight. I must have missed it.

Doug, My wife just went on a high blood pressure med, we think not because of sodium, but because on of her other asthma meds has been increasing it.  Nice work setting up a plan.  And cool run.

Marjorie, I wish I had a normal schedule where I could run at the same time every day, even at 4 am.  That would be cool.

Also, on an unrelated note, I am reminded tonight that the world is full of idiots and dumbasses.  Present company excluded of course.  I got into a heated argument on Facebook with a few people.  It reaffirmed my faith that you can't fix stupid.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Loving having  today off.  Ran 13.1 before the big rain started.  Off to Pilates here in a few

Marjorie

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Van, I work a "normal schedule" and still wind up running at odd times.  I am up at 4:30 AM so there is no running before work, always after work but with taekwondo practice for DD, I have to plan it around or during her practice.  Weekends is the only time I can do a morning run and that is always after waiting for the coffee to kick in, if you know what I mean.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

So the Chicago registration still has not reopened.  Right now the plan is to have things fixed and ready by Feb 28th.  Active.com was not prepared for the onslaught or registering runners.  I bet 60,000 were trying to register but only about 30,000 got in before the system failed.  And that was roughly 3 hours.  Chicago was on track to sell out faster than Boston that 1 year.

Everyone is bitching on the Chicago Marathon facebook page calling them all kinds of names.  Dumbasses don't realize that CM is not the blame its a problem that happened with active.  They all hope that active gets dumped for 2014 but there are no other registration companies that can handle the size of Chicago.  They are bitching about active having inferior servers to handle the load.  Um,,,,, Chicago and maybe Peachtree are really the only big fast draw races that would tax a system close to breaking.  Active's system is adequate for 99.95% of the registrations they handle.  Why upgrade for the 1 or 2 races that might tax your system in a couple year span.

The way they are bitching, you would think the end of the world is near.  Its only a race, its not the end of the world.

Docket_Rocket

Down here we only use active.com so I don't even know if such big companies exist.

So the Chicago registration still has not reopened.  Right now the plan is to have things fixed and ready by Feb 28th.  Active.com was not prepared for the onslaught or registering runners.  I bet 60,000 were trying to register but only about 30,000 got in before the system failed.  And that was roughly 3 hours.  Chicago was on track to sell out faster than Boston that 1 year.

Everyone is bitching on the Chicago Marathon facebook page calling them all kinds of names.  Dumbasses don't realize that CM is not the blame its a problem that happened with active.  They all hope that active gets dumped for 2014 but there are no other registration companies that can handle the size of Chicago.  They are bitching about active having inferior servers to handle the load.  Um,,,,, Chicago and maybe Peachtree are really the only big fast draw races that would tax a system close to breaking.  Active's system is adequate for 99.95% of the registrations they handle.  Why upgrade for the 1 or 2 races that might tax your system in a couple year span.

The way they are bitching, you would think the end of the world is near.  Its only a race, its not the end of the world.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Mandated on call right now and I'll be the first one in. Hope it lasts. I didn't get a nap this afternoon and it hasn't  been a good day for body aches. No phone calls from the doc's office, so labs must be unremarkable.

Relentless forward progress

Marjorie, hope you got your run in before the rain.

Pam, I'd take a nap and be ready.  And no news is good news.

Doug, Marine Corp sold out in 2 hours and 37 minutes, and Active handled that.  Although Damaris and I were smart and realized that the registration link was live about 10 minutes before the stated time.  Both of our registrations were timestamped early, ha.

Damaris, my wife has been taking Allegra D, and her BP has been going on the last few visits, yet she's been exercising and has lost about 12 lbs.  Then doc realized that the -D in the Allegra may be making it rise.  It's a balance, and seems that different combinations of drugs can affect people differently.

Hey Mike, is it Spring up there yet?

Yo NC!

So my ribcage just is not healing.  The only thing I can think of, I tripped over a construction pylon during the middle of the race last weekend, and maybe I twisted something in my chest while trying not to fall, and the pain didn't develop until the run was over when I stopped.  And it's just not getting any better.  5 days later, it's no better, yet no worse.  I don't think the running aggravates, other than I feel it every step.  Anti inflammatory meds not doing anything.  Which leads me to believe it's cartilage or something, and Dr. Google says that it could be something like Costochondritis which could take weeks.