Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  My head is still buzzing from that bad migraine, but I think it's gone now.  Ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Hey all popping in for a minute.  Busy weekend..raced on Saturday and then hung out with friends at the expo and then volunteered all day yesterday at the halfl/full.

I don't watch Biggest Loser but I remember you guys talking about it awhile back so I thought I would share this with you....at the expo Mark Cornelison was a guest speaker. He and his son were on Season 13 (2011).  He's now a motivational speaker and goes all around the country.  He's also from my area and ran.  It was very interesting listening to what really happens on that show about how often they work out and about their eating.

Don't believe everything you think. 

NC, I bet that was really Interesting.  And hope you had a good race!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

what did he say?  I've heard they exercise pretty much all day (6 hours)

Marjorie

Yes. Do tell!

Docket_Rocket

Yes, do tell!

I had to go to the chiro because my lower back was horrible.  He cracked it but he still needs to crack some more, so I'm going back in two days.  He cracked my neck in 5 places (it hurt) which explains my horrible migraine.  My neck is now all happy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Joking here but I bet someone could have yelled BINGO during the motivational speech:

onelaughinggull.com

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Morning.

Relentless forward progress

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I don't feel the need to integrate with the staff today, so I am not planning on doing anything ground breaking.

See?  I can use those words.  Let's bingo!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Morning.  Waiting for UPS to deliver my daughters Yen purchase.  And then about 12 miles through the hood.  It's cold today.  Not really excited about this run.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Morning/Afternoon Everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

Doug, that bingo was funny! I bet you're right, someone probably could have yelled bingo.   Lol

Marjorie, he said exactly what you said. He said they worked out about 3 hours by themselves and then about 3-3 1/2 hours with a trainer EVERY DAY and that was expected of them.   Then he said what person (in a regular lifestyle, not on the ranch) do you know has 6-6 1/2 hours to work out everyday?  Nobody I know.

He also said they had to cook their food themselves (I heard one time they had chefs come in and cook for them...like I said, I've never watched the show).  He said all he knew how to do was fry stuff because frying stuff is what got him there in the first place so learning to cook "properly" and what to eat was one of the harder things for him.   He talked about how him and his teenage son applied for the 2010 season then they decided Biggest Loser decided they didn't want a team show but then a few weeks later he got a message saying 2011 they were going to do a team show and wanted him and his son on it so they did it. He was there for 5 1/2 months.  Then the rest was common sense....you need to eat right, exercise regularly, "this is a lifestyle change" not a quick fix..you know that kind of stuff.  He didn't have a lot of time because they had a different guest speaker every 1/2 hour. Overall, he was interesting and free!  Lol

Damaris - I left before a doctor guest speaker talked about Asthma and exercise (there was a list of all the speakers/what they were going to talk about).  I was going to stay for it but the people I was with (my ride) were leaving.  I was curious what he was going to say because I too have asthma.

Van - I had a good race.  It was my friend's first race so I was there to support her.  I wasn't there to set a PR, I was there to be her pacer so to speak and to encourage her along the way.  So it was a nice relaxing race for me.  She now has the "running bug" and was all over the internet looking for her next race.  Enjoy your cold run today!

Learningdaiily - Morning/Afternoon back!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day!!  Smile

Don't believe everything you think. 

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

My wife used to work at 1 of the local banks in the back office.  When they would have meetings with upper management they would play buzzword bingo and the bosses did not know it.  They thought everyone was being attentive and actually hinged on every word.

Doug, usually the more of those words you can use on a resume or job interview is a good thing also.

NC, thanks for the Cliff notes on the BL dude.  Interesting!  And cool that you could help a friend with the race.  Sounds like you've snagged another runner into the cult, Smile

Got 10 of the 12 done, and then I was just tired, cold, and hungry so I stopped for lunch.  Headed back out for the last 2, then a nap, and probably headed to the trail early this evening for at least 4 more with my group.

My ass hurts.  Left cheek again.  Ok glute, let's get with the program, cut it out dude.

Docket_Rocket

Ask somebody that stayed.  Sometimes there are pamphlets or notes you might get later.

Morning/Afternoon Everyone!  Happy Tuesday!

Doug, that bingo was funny! I bet you're right, someone probably could have yelled bingo.   Lol

Marjorie, he said exactly what you said. He said they worked out about 3 hours by themselves and then about 3-3 1/2 hours with a trainer EVERY DAY and that was expected of them.   Then he said what person (in a regular lifestyle, not on the ranch) do you know has 6-6 1/2 hours to work out everyday?  Nobody I know.

He also said they had to cook their food themselves (I heard one time they had chefs come in and cook for them...like I said, I've never watched the show).  He said all he knew how to do was fry stuff because frying stuff is what got him there in the first place so learning to cook "properly" and what to eat was one of the harder things for him.   He talked about how him and his teenage son applied for the 2010 season then they decided Biggest Loser decided they didn't want a team show but then a few weeks later he got a message saying 2011 they were going to do a team show and wanted him and his son on it so they did it. He was there for 5 1/2 months.  Then the rest was common sense....you need to eat right, exercise regularly, "this is a lifestyle change" not a quick fix..you know that kind of stuff.  He didn't have a lot of time because they had a different guest speaker every 1/2 hour. Overall, he was interesting and free!  Lol

Damaris - I left before a doctor guest speaker talked about Asthma and exercise (there was a list of all the speakers/what they were going to talk about).  I was going to stay for it but the people I was with (my ride) were leaving.  I was curious what he was going to say because I too have asthma.

Van - I had a good race.  It was my friend's first race so I was there to support her.  I wasn't there to set a PR, I was there to be her pacer so to speak and to encourage her along the way.  So it was a nice relaxing race for me.  She now has the "running bug" and was all over the internet looking for her next race.  Enjoy your cold run today!

Learningdaiily - Morning/Afternoon back!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day!!  Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page