Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Docket_Rocket

I'm being furloughed.  My letter arrived two weeks ago.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Thanks.  I'll be fine.  My staff, though, another story.  They can barely pay for stuff as it is....

I am still going to be working 50+ hours a week (I don't stop because I only work 4 days).  Now I'm paid 1/3 of what I would get in private practice (instead of 1/2), woot!

Wait, what?Angry

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Hey all.  It's my busiest time of the year so I'll be mostly off the grid for a few weeks.  The good news is that it's March which means that winter is almost over  :-)

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

I'm not sure how long the furloughs will last.  Seems that it will take a little bit longer before some of them even take effect.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Our store should begin to pick up a bit as we near the home stretch of tax season.

Me, well I am here at work today and its looking like at least an 8 hour day, maybe my normal 10.  While working 6 days this week sucks, we need the money.  Plus today will help pay for some race fees.

Docket_Rocket

I start April 20.  14 days before September 30.  It's all locked in.  Even with a deal, the furloughs have to stay, if I understood correctly.

I'm not sure how long the furloughs will last.  Seems that it will take a little bit longer before some of them even take effect.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Furlough them fuckers without pay and it will get solved in an afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It's cold down here this weekend so I did a nice long sleeve run in South Beach this morning.  The sun was even hidden, as it appears to be cloudy all over.  If only I could have this weather for longer than 1-2 days a year!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yes!  They are not even being furloughed or cut in their pay.  I'm sure if they were, they would've moved faster.

Furlough them fuckers without pay and it will get solved in an afternoon.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Good afternoon crew.  Making our final preparations for DD to head off to Japan.  She leaves at 6 tomorrow morning.  Getting excited and nervous for her.  She'll be a world traveler at the ripe age of 16 and 11 months. She's traveling with a group of 22 other kids and 2 adult chaperones, whom are both of Japanese descent and have been over there before, so I think that will help a bunch.  And all expenses paid through the Kizuna project.  Opportunity of a lifetime for them all.

Otherwise, heading out for more easy miles today.  It's actually warmer today, about 35, with very little wind.  Finally a run where I don't freeze my arse off.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Time to bounce.

9 hours of additional OT this week is plenty.  59 hour work week this week.

Docket_Rocket

She is going to have so much fun!

Good afternoon crew.  Making our final preparations for DD to head off to Japan.  She leaves at 6 tomorrow morning.  Getting excited and nervous for her.  She'll be a world traveler at the ripe age of 16 and 11 months. She's traveling with a group of 22 other kids and 2 adult chaperones, whom are both of Japanese descent and have been over there before, so I think that will help a bunch.  And all expenses paid through the Kizuna project.  Opportunity of a lifetime for them all.

Otherwise, heading out for more easy miles today.  It's actually warmer today, about 35, with very little wind.  Finally a run where I don't freeze my arse off.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got up early after going to bed very early.  Ran 10.5, took Hammy to the puppy pool.  Had to go to Lowes to get a new microwave since the dorr latches broke on the one we have.  Cleaned the house, laundry etc.  Busy day.  Glad I don't have to travel this week.

Van I like the pose with my foam roller under my low back.  Hits the hamstring at it's origin and helped me a ton.

Marjorie

Doug, that's a long week!  And it's not over yet.

Damaris, I think my daughter will learn so much while she's there.  She's considering living in Japan when she graduates from college, so this should give her a really good idea what it's like there.

Marjorie, that sounds like a very busy day.  You seem to have an endless supply of energy.  And I tried the legs up the wall, it's not as easy as it sounds, ha, but I liked it.

10 miles at medium hard effort today, decided to push the pace because it just felt good to run faster.  8:41 average pace, I'll take it!